Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

battery tender jr

i have as the title says a battery tender jr from when i had my 93 SJ... now ive got the GTR and hooked up the tender. over about 48 hrs i never saw the light go green it stayed solid red. is the jr just not strong enough to maintain the new batteries or have i gone full on noob with this? i did move the connections on the post just incase it was not making a solid connection

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the tender only goes green when the battery reaches the expected voltage. worn batteries never make it into the green.measure the standing voltage on the battery after the charger has been off it for at least 8 hours.

Could take several days for it to get totally full..most good batteries do it in less then 24 hours.

+1
    that makes sense. it is the original battery from 2012 as far as i know and will be in need of a replacement by next summer.

I believe the charger will do a slow trickle up until 95% charge is reached, then it'll float the charge at that level up until 100% if the battery can still hold a full charge. I've used this on scooters and cars and it does take some time, sounds about normal to me.

Battery tenders are never a good idea. Best thing to do is to buy a new AGM battery (like Deka) and throw away the battery tender.

+1
    You doooing good if you got 2 years out of the stock battery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Battery tenders are never a good idea.
    Please explain?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    agreed LOL.. its a 2012 craft i just got a few weeks ago so i am not expecting the battery to make it through next season. about to hit the search function and see what batteries ppl are recommending. i see a few posts up AGM/deka was mentioned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    agreed LOL.. its a 2012 craft i just got a few weeks ago so i am not expecting the battery to make it through next season. about to hit the search function and see what batteries ppl are recommending. i see a few posts up AGM/deka was mentioned.
    I recently got an AGM from batteries plus. It cranks way harder than stock. Only piss poor thing is the spacer.
    I got 3 years out the battery in my 2010TX260 I used battery tender when I could but it sat in marina for over a year but once back at my house I kept it on tender all the time and got another year. Could've pushed it but the battery is the one thing you don't push. I swapped my 1 1/2 year old battery from my PX260 onto when I got the AGM. It will live on the tender. Always used them for all my bikes, ski's, cars. I was sick of replacing batteries every year or having them be weak. I don't understand why you wouldn't use one. Keeping the battery at optimal voltage level as well as the fluid level correct will make them last a long time...at least that is my experience.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the trick to not cooking your battery with any battery tender brand is to put it on a timer that switches it on for one hour a day. Tenders are cheap..a power spike in your garage could toast it and then your battery when it can't sense the current voltage and keeps on chargin....

AN AGM battery is a good investment if you have limted fun time available. why spend it screwing around with a battery when you wan to be on the water?

I only sell DEKA brand agm batteries.everything else is "just a toy"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information