Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

I did an speed run

I did an spped run yesterday in the fall weather my modded rxp-x260 with a stage 2 72 mph on my smart phone gps at 8440 rpms is this any good for the stage 2 kit?? Can you guys please give me any input

+1
    IMO that is way to slow..your stage 2 should be in the mid to upper 70s easy...especially at 8400+ rpms.....

+1
    Use a real gps for accurate speed. I have the garmin etrex.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speednutz View Post
    I did an spped run yesterday in the fall weather my modded rxp-x260 with a stage 2 72 mph on my smart phone gps at 8440 rpms is this any good for the stage 2 kit?? Can you guys please give me any input
    First congrats for getting all that working. 8440 rpms seems strong. I'm thinking you should be about 73.5-74mph if your using the included prop. What did the dash say? you can take about 1.5-2 and be with a .5 mph. Do you have the dash logger? It's real handy for figuring all this stuff out and the GPS is very accurate in the logger, I've run it side by side with a hand held.

+1
    Seems to me pushing those RPM's you should be flirting around the 75MPH with it all dialed in.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    not really required..

I have run Maxspeed app while also running a garmin..
    it was .1 off.. on the low side..
    your phone uses the same GPS signals as a handheld, the only time it uses cell towers, other than for triangulation when GPS is not available (ie underground tunnels) is to transmit and receive data to where you are as in looking for directions..

I was in Vermont last week between Killington and Okemo and anybody that lives in those area will tell you cell signals are crappy at best.. once my address of choice was acquired the satellites took over with my phone saying NO SERVICE I was still getting speed, direction, and route information..

+1
    You should be in the upper 70's

I'm told my ski is not normal but check my sig. I have the motec logs to back it up.

I'm thinking about tweeking the prop a little to hit 80 mph before the season is over. I think 8600 would do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony Racer View Post
    not really required..

your phone uses the same GPS signals as a handheld, the only time it uses cell towers, other than for triangulation when GPS is not available (ie underground tunnels) is to transmit and receive data to where you are as in looking for directions..

I was in Vermont last week between Killington and Okemo and anybody that lives in those area will tell you cell signals are crappy at best.. once my address of choice was acquired the satellites took over with my phone saying NO SERVICE I was still getting speed, direction, and route information..

No way he's getting past 74-75 on a stage 2 and that would probably have to be a very cold day in fresh water with a very long run and no fuel on board.

Your ski is highly optimized...cam, ported head, motec...come on You can't compare yours to his. Aren't you also running a Jim's Ride plate? The motec lets you push the limits on timing because of it's knock control....amongst other things it does allot better. I have the Athena in my stage 4 and the timing is very conservative...no nock control yet. It should be done in about a month from what I was told.

My stage 4 Riva in salt water is running 78-79 at 6700ish rpms. He's not getting near that with his setup. I'm actually struggling to understand how he is even running that high RPM....what is the air/water temp at the time of the run?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    not really required..

No way he's getting past 74-75 on a stage 2 and that would probably have to be a very cold day in fresh water with a very long run and no fuel on board.

Your ski is highly optimized...cam, ported head, motec...come on You can't compare yours to his. Aren't you also running a Jim's Ride plate? The motec lets you push the limits on timing because of it's knock control....amongst other things it does allot better. I have the Athena in my stage 4 and the timing is very conservative...no nock control yet. It should be done in about a month from what I was told.

My stage 4 Riva in salt water is running 78-79 at 6700ish rpms. He's not getting near that with his setup. I'm actually struggling to understand how he is even running that high RPM....what is the air/water temp at the time of the run?
    The ported head did next to nothing for me. I did 77.9 with stock head cam and springs and charger.

I still have stock plate also.

Why dose everyone get pissy when I tell them my speeds? Like I have anything to gain by lieing to you guys.
    I have the Motec logs to back up my story, check out my build thread, see link in my sig.
    Last edited by hotbird; 10-14-2013 at 08:02 AM.

+1
    not really required..

Maxspeed is accurate but you have to play with the distance filters to make it accurate. Also, you have to make sure to check the "ignore spikes". I found this out when I couldn't match my top speed with a stock 215 IC vs the old FrozenBoost IC I ran.

Also my P&P head really didn't give me any gains either. I'm sure the hot spots have decreased and the A/F mixture is better, but no seat of the pants or GPS gains.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information