Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    immred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manassas VA
    Posts
    154
    +1
    1

    Screaming(literally) SeaDoo

    While running WOT on a lake, the ski started screaming.Sounded like 50 loose fan belts, I had to get towed home.
    First thought wasthe supercharger(95 Hrs) but itís OK. Pulled the pump it seems OK. This is as faras I've had the ski apart. Oilfilter looks clean, Oil on dipstick looks good. Carbon seal feels smooth when Imove it back and forth, good pressure keeping it seated.
    Iíd appreciateany ideas/suggestions. Thanks Ed.


  2. #2
    Sit down, Shut up, and hang on!!! Karl Jackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Timaru New Zealand
    Posts
    60
    +1
    1
    try the bearing in the impellor housing ??

  3. #3
    2010 was a bad year for drive shafts. Pull your impeller and check the drive shaft splines, bet they're gone. Happened to me and I was able to get replaced under warranty.

  4. #4
    immred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manassas VA
    Posts
    154
    +1
    1
    The pump feels OK. Turns smooth no rough feel. As bad as the noise was I thought Iíd find something destroyed.
    Just saw the spline post. I guess I need to pull the shaft and check it. I should probably be replacing the carbon ring with 95 hrs and it's apart.
    Last edited by immred; 10-13-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: additions

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by immred View Post
    While running WOT on a lake, the ski started screaming.Sounded like 50 loose fan belts, I had to get towed home.
    First thought wasthe supercharger(95 Hrs) but itís OK. Pulled the pump it seems OK. This is as faras I've had the ski apart. Oilfilter looks clean, Oil on dipstick looks good. Carbon seal feels smooth when Imove it back and forth, good pressure keeping it seated.
    Iíd appreciateany ideas/suggestions. Thanks Ed.
    Your drive shaft/impeller is stripped. Shit can that 2010 screw in drive shaft system and get an updated 2011 c-clip style. Change related components and align the pump/motor and your good to go. Mine stripped while out in the ocean. Sucks.

  6. #6
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,849
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by immred View Post
    While running WOT on a lake, the ski started screaming.Sounded like 50 loose fan belts, I had to get towed home.
    First thought wasthe supercharger(95 Hrs) but itís OK. Pulled the pump it seems OK. This is as faras I've had the ski apart. Oilfilter looks clean, Oil on dipstick looks good. Carbon seal feels smooth when Imove it back and forth, good pressure keeping it seated.
    Iíd appreciateany ideas/suggestions. Thanks Ed.
    Your drive shaft/impeller is stripped. Shit can that 2010 screw in drive shaft system and get an updated 2011 c-clip style. Change related components and align the pump/motor and your good to go. Mine stripped while out in the ocean. Sucks.
    Glade Rider is 100% correct! ALL 2011 drive line components needed, shaft, PTO seal, c clip, floating ring, carbon seal, bellows, new impeller Solas 15/21. It is also time for you to send your SC to Jerry for complete rebuild. You should also check engine alignment, every 2010 TX engine has been out of alignment and what caused the splines to strip in the first place. Do all of this and you will be good to go for a long time!!
    Last edited by jpt7779; 10-13-2013 at 08:44 PM.

  7. #7
    immred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manassas VA
    Posts
    154
    +1
    1
    I hadnít looked that close at the splines when I pulled the pump. They do look in bad shape. I was going to change the impeller anyway. Iíve been told the 22R is too much prop. I'm surprised at the rust. I put some lube on when I assembled it. I guess I should have the pump bearings replaced while it's out. jerry probably does it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prop spline.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	316168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaft spline 1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	316169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaft spline 2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	316170  
    Last edited by immred; 10-13-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: update

  8. #8
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    You did good to almost get 100 hrs out of the drive shaft.
    I've seen a lot of them fail at 50 hrs or less.

  9. #9
    SuperCharged67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts
    1,962
    +1
    76
    His SC is good for another 100 hours as it is on the 200 hour schedule isn't it??

  10. #10
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    His SC is good for another 100 hours as it is on the 200 hour schedule isn't it??
    The 2010's are a 100 hr recommended rebuild. I wouldn't go 200 even on a new ski.

  11. +1 by:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Use a Seadoo supercharger on a liter bike?
    By Hypersonic in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM
  2. Screaming(literally) SeaDoo
    By immred in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. New SeaDoo wetsuit...
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
  4. seadoo B.U.D.S. kit 529-035-844 quistions???
    By rapidacceleration in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:24 AM
  5. Seadoo Life Vest
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •