Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Finally got the RXP on the water

Last year my wife bought me a 06 GTI and it was nice at the beginning then I wanted more. I bought a 06 RXP a week ago and finally got it on the water yesterday. After some time on the water I wanted to see what I could get out of it since I don't believe in the easy break-in. I like to go through the RPM ranges and about 20 secs of WOT every once in a while. I clocked 66.3 MPH at 8080 RPM's on a full tank of gas, 70 degree air, 55 degree water. The stock speedometer got to 69 MPH. Are these numbers typical for a new RXP? The dealer told me that the RXP runs a modest program until 7 hours pass then it goes to a more aggressive ECU program, is this true? I will be taking it out again this weekend now that I got the wetsuit since I want to get the 10 hours ASAP.

I've heard that before, but not certain about it. I'd love to ride with you when you ride if you'd like a riding partner. I'm in Richmond too.

Where do you ride at? I go to the James river, Lake Chesdin since I live in Chesterfield and over by my in-laws in Colonial Beach. I have not been to Lake Anna yet. This weekend is supposed to be cold but if it gets in the 50's and doesn't rain I will go out. I need to finish breaking it in.

+1
    i live in colonial beach pm me the next time you come up

I will. I'll be there a lot this summer.

I ride Lake Anna, James River, Chikahominy River, Kerr Reservoir, and just about anywhere I can find water!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    Last year my wife bought me a 06 GTI and it was nice at the beginning then I wanted more. I bought a 06 RXP a week ago and finally got it on the water yesterday. After some time on the water I wanted to see what I could get out of it since I don't believe in the easy break-in. I like to go through the RPM ranges and about 20 secs of WOT every once in a while. I clocked 66.3 MPH at 8080 RPM's on a full tank of gas, 70 degree air, 55 degree water. The stock speedometer got to 69 MPH. Are these numbers typical for a new RXP? The dealer told me that the RXP runs a modest program until 7 hours pass then it goes to a more aggressive ECU program, is this true? I will be taking it out again this weekend now that I got the wetsuit since I want to get the 10 hours ASAP.
    Those numbers sound about rite to me. It might loosen up a bit after a few hours.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    Those numbers match what mine did so your doing good

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    Where do you ride at? I go to the James river, Lake Chesdin since I live in Chesterfield and over by my in-laws in Colonial Beach. I have not been to Lake Anna yet. This weekend is supposed to be cold but if it gets in the 50's and doesn't rain I will go out. I need to finish breaking it in.
    Cool, that is my favorite lake too. I live in Chesterfield off of Route 10 in Walthal Mill. Shoot me a PM and we'll have to hook up soon. What the "H" were you doing riding yesterday, it was raining like crap and in the 40's..... A few months back, the lake was trashed, is it cleaned up yet? Oh yeah, watch the clown patrol. They nailed me last summer for supposedly letting my 9 year old daughter drive my GTX. She was in the front with her hands on the bars and I took my hands off for a second and they ticketed me. I chose to go to court and fight it and the judge threw it out.....LOL
    Last edited by Red Devil; 03-17-2007 at 02:42 PM.

The day I rode was last week the last time we saw 70's before the cool front came through and that was with my 7mm wetsuit. I will probably go out tomorrow and Thu. I just want to finish breaking it in. Glad to hear that my numbers are similar to others. This week I also have to get the GTI ready for my wife from the winter storage so have some things to do.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information