+1

What do I have? new to me gpr1200

Hey all, I bought a 2000 gpr as part of a package deal with an 02 aquatrax turbo. Has about 160 hours and needs some work. As I get to know it I believe it has an aftermarket performance exhaust (Riva stage II). It also came missing some parts. First were the exhaust stay bolts so I put those in. Seemed pretty important.

Here's whats under the hood (Note, I took the two exhaust band clamps off and know they need to go back on).

I need some help with a recurring problem. Twice now the band clamp that sits here

has slipped off sending lots of water into the hull. I've drained and run the engine clean both times but obviously need to fix it permanently. Even with the clamp on, I can see water start to leak at full throttle. I'm wondering if I'm missing an inner clamp here

That is causing the two exhaust parts to move too much independent of each other. The inner hose seems to move too freely on the exhaust pipe which I would think would also cause jacket water to flow into the pipe. Can anyone tell me if there should be a clamp here? If so, is it the stock clamp or is does this custom exhaust call for a different size? Finally, should the rubber outer water jacket have a gasket sealer between it and the exhaust parts, or is the one band clamp expected to be all that is needed?

I've already added the wave eater clips. On my to-do is new oil lines and an electronic bilge pump given my water issues already.

+1
    Both inner and outer coupler needs 2clamps, 1 on each side. Between the black and bleu hose is the water running true for exhaust cooling.

So both bleu markers are correct for the clamps and no sealer needed
    nothing special about the clamps, only the black is stock..... if it fits its ok.

Because of Clamp nr 2 missing, there is to much exhaust pressure coming at the black hose at full throttle....
    normally there is only some water pressure, and shouldn't leak

Looks like the Riva S1 stinger to me.....Could be wrong

+1
    VdeKock hit it on the head ! Also you may need to t off the center water line where it comes off the head to the pipe and dump out. When you start modding the ski the water pressure will increase and you must release some of the pressure. I will take a pic of mine and post up.

+1
    Thanks Guys, I'll get a second clamp for in there and report back. If anyone knows the size and a good source for quality stainless clamps I can pick one up before I'm back at the ski next weekend. The pictures don't show clearly, but that section has two water hose barbs coming from it. One goes to a billet nozzle on the back deck (sorry, I don't know all the terms yet) and the other goes down and out by the pump. Both seem to flow free. I'll need to get a good feel for exhaust and water pressure to make sure everything is in balance. Probably need a bit of work to get performing to stock specs before I worry about anything more. I don't have a GPS but the dash says it runs to 68mph.

+1
    Boats.net

+1
    im selling a 2000 yamaha gp1200r for $2000 negotiable. ski is running and im willing to have it professionally winterized for the buyer. need gone im going to college and need money. check classifieds for more info about ski. Spread the word!

Thread Information