Engine temps high when flushing..

After my fizzle intercooler install I have noticed that my temps get high into the 215-220 degree range and smoke starts to come out of the exhaust. Also the engine pisser on the side no longer throws out water.

I have no issues when in the water though. Engine temps stay in the 130s and no smoking.

I find it odd as I didn't have this issue before. My other FZR with same mods minus intercooler doesn't have this problem.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Check your water pressure on your hose, you could have a restriction in the cooling system.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Check your water pressure on your hose, you could have a restriction in the cooling system.
    What type of restriction? It works fine in the water but when flushing nothing comes out the engine side. The only thing I've done is install the VXR splitter which should give me more pressure in the cooling system.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    What type of restriction? It works fine in the water but when flushing nothing comes out the engine side. The only thing I've done is install the VXR splitter which should give me more pressure in the cooling system.
    when you replace splitter did you make sure the flush hose that goes to the fitting is angles toward the engine and not toward the back, Because if it is toward the back when you flush you will get no water to engine.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    didn't think of that, Remember water goes to the least resistance

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    when you replace splitter did you make sure the flush hose that goes to the fitting is angles toward the engine and not toward the back, Because if it is toward the back when you flush you will get no water to engine.
    I have to double check when I get home but I'm pretty sure it is as there is only one way the splitter can be installed to fit correctly. Only way water wouldn't flow towards the engine is if it's installed backwards but then the hoses wouldn't hook up right?

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    That's exactly what it was... Thanks for your help, it was driving me crazy.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    your very welcome, glad that cured your problem.

Thread Information