Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Re-design for 2015?

Jet ski international magazine "On the other hand, the new design isnít planned until the end of 2014. The Japanese manufacturer went back to their drawing board and redesigned their whole range, which is a lot of work. This huge task will mean new hulls, new ergonomics and new innovation. Usually, according to our sources, the release date is fixed for August 2014"

I was almost certain I was going to pull the trigger on my first ski, a 2014 fx svho.. But after reading that last paragraph in the magazine on the 2014s I'm seriously considering waiting just one more year..would hate to be blown away by the 2015,s.. Ie better design, fuel economy , and who knows what else..also the blue seat and hydro turf on fx doesn't quite match judging by pics..any thoughts???

+1
    You say you may hold off on purchase of your 1st ski .... being that it was to be a 2014. And you might just wait until 2015 to get the next best thing ! Are you nuzts? Just get out there and get a ski .... you will not like that you waited to get out on the water riding with friends. Unless of course, you already have a ski to ride and are just waiting on the purchase of a new one.

Well really the 2014s are a tweeked version of 2009.. So a whole new redesign might prove to be current for the next 5 years..and the 2014 being obsolete..in sled terms it's like buying an rx1 and not waiting for the apex the next year..my 06 apex is still relatively similar to the 2014 model..I'm pretty sure it will finally be "obsolete" in 2015 with the yamacat addressing the apex hp market..

And yes it would be my first ski..so it is very hard waiting..but I do have a boat and motorcycles to fill the "void"

+1
    For my very first ski(s), I got the 2013 FX HO. I wanted brand new because I'm not eeeeeeeeeven mechanically inclined. And I was planning to take it to the Bahamas.

Now that I have them and have done so much damage to them, in retrospect I should have bought used for my first ski, learning ski as it were. I had no idea that I would be so "rough" on a ski. I mean, I guess I'm no rougher than the next guy. But there is a learning curve. For instance, when in the Bahamas I actually went under a high dock and scuffed/scraped the "hood" on the ski. By the time I left the Bahamas, I was much better at docking and can now avoid that kind of damage.

So if this is going to be your first ski ever, get something used. Because you are going to damage it whether that damage is big or small. So get all of that out of your system on something that is not going to make you feel sick to your stomach if you scuff it. Then, after you are competent you invest in the more expensive/new ski.

My experience, my opinion based on hindsight. Take it for what it's worth...

+1
    if you keep waiting for the next best thing you will always be waiting....

+1
    I would just go ahead and buy, every year there is bigger and better.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I too wondered in the redesign before the improvements came out & I'm also waiting to see what 2015 will bring in addition to the 2014 improvements.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex gt View Post
    Jet ski international magazine "On the other hand, the new design isnít planned until the end of 2014. The Japanese manufacturer went back to their drawing board and redesigned their whole range, which is a lot of work. This huge task will mean new hulls, new ergonomics and new innovation. Usually, according to our sources, the release date is fixed for August 2014"

I was almost certain I was going to pull the trigger on my first ski, a 2014 fx svho.. But after reading that last paragraph in the magazine on the 2014s I'm seriously considering waiting just one more year..would hate to be blown away by the 2015,s.. Ie better design, fuel economy , and who knows what else..also the blue seat and hydro turf on fx doesn't quite match judging by pics..any thoughts???
    Link please; is this talking about Yamaha?
    EDIT: never mind, I found it

+1
    Based on what Jerry posted here, the 2014 has a lot of good changes already. With all the changes to it, I doubt the 2015 will be a complete redesign. They don't tend to have major changes 2 years in a row.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208108

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information