Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gauge Placement Pros and Cons

One of my winter projects is adding Innovate Boost and AFR gauges to my '06 RXP. Fuel pressure gauge will be inside the hull, attached to the FPR, so I'm really thinking I'll only need to place 2 gauges.

Anyone care to chime in with the pros and cons of the following three placement ideas?

1) RXPJay's mounts - fit in mirror (obvious "con" is you lose the mirror)

2) Jlew's glove box pod - (obvious "con" is the glove box won't open as far... but HOW far?)

3) Under steering column pod seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seadoo-RXP-R...498673&vxp=mtr (obvious "con" is again the glove box won't open as far, but how much will it open?)

Thanks in advance for any insight from those who have any experience with all these.

Steve

+1
    I have the glove box pod on an 05 RXT and it opens plenty far to get in there, and I have fairly large hands. The fitment is great, the wires and line from the intake are hidden. Just my .02

+1
    RXPJAys for sure on an RXP! He's got a picture of my afr gauge in my 07 on one of his threads.. I never used the mirrors anyway.. My fiancé would to fix her hair before we went into a bar or somewhere, I told her to carry a mirror if she needs it.. Afr and boost in RXPJays anodized black pods, on a yellow 07 hood with black RXPX mirror housings, love em

+1
    Jays pods are nice ive seen them... I spent the time and made my own or I would have gotten some from jay.. hes a good guy and his pods are solid.... I have AFR in one mirror and boost / fuel pressure in the other... then my j lewis pod in the glove box I have oil pressure and water temp

+1
    Here is my old 2008 RXPX...I would just remove the lid if I wanted to view them...All liquid filled Autometer gauges and I used Autometers kit to tilt them forward. A/F was in the handlebar pad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8140234.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	316431  

Quote Originally Posted by vspec1
    Here is my old 2008 RXPX...I would just remove the lid if I wanted to view them...All liquid filled Autometer gauges and I used Autometers kit to tilt them forward. A/F was in the handlebar pad
    That's a nice setup, but I'm installing a bilge pump switch in the bottom of the glove box.

The ONLY thing making me hesitate on Jay's awesome mirror pods is that unlike many riders, I actually DO use the mirrors. I ride with my teenage kids a lot when we're out at our cabin, and they tend to be behind me as we ride on the river, so I'm often checking the mirrors to make sure I know where they are...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1
    That's a nice setup, but I'm installing a bilge pump switch in the bottom of the glove box.
    There is a switch for the bildge if you look close...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Mirrors are over rated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3360.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	316432

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information