Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

my 1st 4-tec and i got some questions....

ski - 2012 GTR bought with 17 hrs on it. the dealer had done the 10 hr service and told me it wouldnt need another service til 200 hours for the SC. not sure i believe that.

so 1st off maintenance... what is the best rule of thumb when it comes to an oil change - this one makes me grin as i never had to change the oil in a 2 stroke lol anyway, spark plugs and what else and how often. i get the SC can last up to 200 hours if taken care of i just can see shelling out that much $$ every 40 to 50 hrs for a rebuild.

better performance mods - i have seen the posts by surfed15 and that is one very nice ski but thats more than want i want to do to it. i have searched and read as much as i possibly can and now im at the point of where do i start? bottom line is of course cost. will take me a bit to rat hole some cash so the wife doesnt get sticker shock.

my thoughts are - air intake, thru hull exhaust and sponsons only if i can find some that are direct bolt on. i think the riva ones in GH store are bolt on. i am really only looking to get better performance and handling out if it. i get that a lot of the potential is held back without a reflash i just dont feel comfortable having that done any time soon.

+1
    100hrs on the SC. If you pussy foot around, you might go longer. Lets face it, It has 215 hp. Your gona be on the throttle lots! 100hrs, that's what most will tell you. As for mods, you have the right idea for a start. Air intake, exhaust and sponsons will give you a little more handling and minimal performance. Good luck! Nice machine too!

+1
    Every 100 hours on the SC, i'm with most of the other guys on this forum with the 50 hour oil changes. I also pull the pump cone and check the grease for water at each oil change. As far as handling and basic performance mods, start with an intake grate...

+1
    Won't he be okay with warranty to go 200hrs with warranty?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    i should have mentioned. there is no warranty on the ski. well factory warranty. i did get the dealer to cover it for a while. i thought i would be able to pick up an extended warranty on my own turns out not so much.

+1

Who wants to sit and wait while your dealer pussy foots around deciding if it is a warranty job or not,and then,once they figure it out,the down time you have to wait to have it repaired...For 300 bucks i would rather do it at 100 hours and know im good than waiting and seeing IF i can make the 200 hour mark before a bearing lets go...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Who wants to sit and wait while your dealer pussy foots around deciding if it is a warranty job or not,and then,once they figure it out,the down time you have to wait to have it repaired...For 300 bucks i would rather do it at 100 hours and know im good than waiting and seeing IF i can make the 200 hour mark before a bearing lets go...

wait.. $300? i have my numbers wrong then.. i was thinking it would be closer to 1k for a rebuild. parts and sending it to jerry. 300 aint so bad and im with ya on not trying to make the 200 mark.

im not going to baby the ski but im not going to abuse it either. i intend to ride it how seadoo meant to be ridden.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Every 100 hours on the SC, i'm with most of the other guys on this forum with the 50 hour oil changes. I also pull the pump cone and check the grease for water at each oil change. As far as handling and basic performance mods, start with an intake grate...

i meant ot include the intake in the original post. was looking at the worx ones i think thats the only one i have found that is listed for the GTR but i have a feeling the Rive GTI one will work just need to confirm. i have all this written down at home.

+1
    No were near 1000 for a SCer rebuild.....Here is a link to Jerrys Scer rebuild service:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    No were near 1000 for a SCer rebuild.....Here is a link to Jerrys Scer rebuild service:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

yeah i read that. have it bookmarked as well. i had the numbers mixed up in my head.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information