Valve Train Upgrade Labor: Dealer? Auto/bike repair shop? Or recommendation for PNW?

I'm slowly collecting the parts required to do a complete valve train upgrade on my '06 RXP (including the valves themselves). So far, all the mods I've done are in my comfort zone, even if I've never done it before. But having never messed with valves in ANYTHING before, this probably isn't what I want to learn on. I'd rather experiment on the '06 Kia we bought for the kids to drive.

Anyway, if I am going to outsource the labor on this one, any recommendations on the most economical way to do it, and still have it done right? I plan on calling the local dealer to get a quote, but I'm certain that will be the most expensive option. My next thought was perhaps an independent repair shop -- but I don't know if there are any "gotchas" that a mechanic at one of these shops may need to be aware of if they've never worked on a BRP engine before.

My final thought was perhaps another modder here in the Pacific North-"wet" that has the tools and know how to do it, and wouldn't mind walking me through it, with payment either in $$ or a case of a beverage of your choice.

Thanks!

+1
    Chris - slo91 (Eastside Powersports) is the best around from what I understand. I plan on giving him my head this winter to work some magic. Ive been told not to trust anybody else when it comes to working on seadoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by JQuattro View Post
    Chris - slo91 (Eastside Powersports) is the best around from what I understand. I plan on giving him my head this winter to work some magic. Ive been told not to trust anybody else when it comes to working on seadoo's.
    I've heard the same, but CT is on the "Eastside" and I'm all the way out here in Seattle. I think the price to ship my head all the way there and back would be prohibitive, no?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    I've heard the same, but CT is on the "Eastside" and I'm all the way out here in Seattle. I think the price to ship my head all the way there and back would be prohibitive, no?
    about $30-35 one way.

+1
    thanks man!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    It's not as bad as you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    about $30-35 one way.
    Oh... REALLY? That's not bad at ALL!

+1
    chris did mine... fully ported and built.... shipped to Canada..

+1
    I'm in Vancouver & can do it np. Lmk if interested. Know these motors inside & out. Can do whatever performance mods you like.

Thread Information