Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha incentives

When could you expect any kind of incentives. Rebates or extra warranty from yamaha on the 14s. I was looking to buy in January maybe February. Do they start anything that early.

+1
    Also interested in this, would love to see some deals on the VXRs.

+1
    With the skis selling like hot cakes they are putting out less incentives.
    I'm sure they will put out some but not as many as in the recent past few years.
    Boat shows usually have the best incentives on new ski purchases. So look 1 up that's close to you and go check for yourself.

Good luck in your purchase!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    With the skis selling like hot cakes they are putting out less incentives.
    I'm sure they will put out some but not as many as in the recent past few years.
    Boat shows usually have the best incentives on new ski purchases. So look 1 up that's close to you and go check for yourself.

Good luck in your purchase!!!

I seen even decent ones last yr. yes warranty etc. Just started watching around June. So I was unsure what they offer early on.

+1
    I'm not sure how they usually compete with each other, but Sea-Doo offered either a 4 or 5 year extended warranty at boat shows last year. I went to the DFW International show in February and the offer was on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson1 View Post
    I'm not sure how they usually compete with each other, but Sea-Doo offered either a 4 or 5 year extended warranty at boat shows last year. I went to the DFW International show in February and the offer was on the table.
    Hmm Houston has one in early January. How do the boat shows work? Better than a dealer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chets ls3 View Post
    Hmm Houston has one in early January. How do the boat shows work? Better than a dealer?
    Boat shows are comprised of local and national dealers. A big trade show pretty much with lots of booths and product on hand (it's pretty cool seeing some of these huge yachts out of the water). Last time I went I was going just to look at the million dollar yachts I couldn't afford and other boats so I wasn't comparing jet-ski prices. I have always heard "boat show prices" and assume that to mean cheaper than usual. Especially since nearly all the local deals are under one roof so it's easy to haggle.

+1
    Boat shows are comprised of local and national dealers. A big trade show pretty much with lots of booths and product on hand (it's pretty cool seeing some of these huge yachts out of the water). Last time I went I was going just to look at the million dollar yachts I couldn't afford and other boats so I wasn't comparing jet-ski prices. I have always heard "boat show prices" and assume that to mean cheaper than usual. Especially since nearly all the local deals are under one roof so it's easy to haggle.
    However, it just might be that the dealers expect you to think that the prices will be lower and they actually are not. You're doing the right thing by educating yourself beforehand so you will know if it's a good deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    However, it just might be that the dealers expect you to think that the prices will be lower and they actually are not. You're doing the right thing by educating yourself beforehand so you will know if it's a good deal or not.

well I pulled up exhibit I for and found out a dealer that I would be interested in using will be there. So I will go there with the possibility of buying. I'm after an sVHO I really wouldn't expect a whole lot off msrp on a new ski since all the upgrades happened. But I am after some extras like warranty. Cover. Pfd etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post

well I pulled up exhibit I for and found out a dealer that I would be interested in using will be there. So I will go there with the possibility of buying. I'm after an sVHO I really wouldn't expect a whole lot off msrp on a new ski since all the upgrades happened. But I am after some extras like warranty. Cover. Pfd etc.
    Try to go during the day on a weekday, or in the evening if you have to. Dallas' was pretty vacant during the week when I went so the dealers were able to spend extra time talking to me. I remember going as a kid on the weekend back in the day and it seemed to be packed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information