Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    JohnPavelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12
    +1
    2

    Question Some questions from a potential buyer!

    Hey, I've spent a week or two lurking on greenhulk, this will be my first post. My family and I plan on purchasing a Spark, and the only options we've decided on so far is adding the IBR, and the 90 HP engine. Don't get me started on colors. Picking a color for this vehicle is gonna be stressful as hell, so let's leave that out for now. Besides, color won't affect performance, unless I choose to paint flames on it.

    I have a few questions that I'm sure many other potential buyers have on their minds, and by your input you won't only be helping me, but others that have the same questions.


    -How will the 3 person buoyancy extension affect performance and maneuverability?
    Will the hull extension, will the spark be less maneuverable?
    In the video linked above, a man throws around a 2up spark almost effortlessly. Can that still be achieved with a 3up model?!

    -Can you still pull a single tube and wakeboard with a 2up model? (With just the driver on board.)
    If we choose against purchasing a 3up model, can we still engage in tow sports?

    -With the spark's light weight, how do you think it would handle moderate chop?
    Going airborne is pretty sweet, but going airborne with every little wake? What are your thoughts, how do you think it will handle?

    I've done all the research I could, searched every thread in the Spark's sub forum, googled every detail, and those three questions are left unanswered. The three questions I need answered most!
    With your opinions and possible answers to these questions I can finally catch up on all the sleep I missed thinking about it.
    Cheers!


  2. #2
    Welcome!

    Only thing I can answer since I haven't ridden one pertains to the 2nd question. I'm sure you could "techincally" pull someone with the 2-up, but in many states, legally you can't. Most regulations require you to have someone driving, and someone watching backwards spotting for the person for if/when they fall out of the tube or off on the skis. Now you may still be able to put 2 on the 2-up and pull a 3rd, especially if that 3rd is a child. that's something that needs to be tested.

  3. #3
    JohnPavelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ramlax13 View Post
    Welcome!
    Only thing I can answer since I haven't ridden one pertains to the 2nd question. I'm sure you could "techincally" pull someone with the 2-up, but in many states, legally you can't. Most regulations require you to have someone driving, and someone watching backwards spotting for the person for if/when they fall out of the tube or off on the skis. Now you may still be able to put 2 on the 2-up and pull a 3rd, especially if that 3rd is a child. that's something that needs to be tested.
    Thanks! All input's appreciated. And if the third person in the tube was a teenager? What kind of strain would that put on the ski?

  4. #4
    Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naples Florida
    Posts
    828
    +1
    27
    Buy the 3up !!
    The rear extension can be removed when playing around and riding Solo, and put back on when you decide to have a passenger and tow a tube or skier. The 2up does not come with the rear piece, and has a shorter seat. With this Spark being so light, you will be able to toss it around anyways, but of course it will be easier with the 2 seater.
    A free 2up model comes hidden inside every 3up model Spark. When you stop to take a swim, do you want to sit on this or some hard plastic?
    Attachment 316720
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparkmatsdisplay1.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	316721  

  5. #5
    03stx12f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    danielsville ga
    Posts
    195
    +1
    5
    I wondered is the 3 up slower than the 2 up version because of the extension?

  6. #6
    JohnPavelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky-Guy View Post
    Buy the 3up !!
    The rear extension can be removed when playing around and riding Solo, and put back on when you decide to have a passenger and tow a tube or skier. The 2up does not come with the rear piece, and has a shorter seat. With this Spark being so light, you will be able to toss it around anyways, but of course it will be easier with the 2 seater.
    A free 2up model comes hidden inside every 3up model Spark. When you stop to take a swim, do you want to sit on this or some hard plastic?
    Finally! I forgot to mention that in the thread. I wanted to know if it was removable! Thank you!! How difficult is it to remove, is it similar to removing the top part of the spark to access the engine? I saw those grip mats! In my days of lurking on here I've seen your posts, I plan on purchasing grip mats from that website, decals too. Your reply made my damn day, thank you so much!

  7. #7
    JohnPavelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 03stx12f View Post
    I wondered is the 3 up slower than the 2 up version because of the extension?
    See? This thread was a good idea!!

  8. #8
    CJ's gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    685
    +1
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by 03stx12f View Post
    I wondered is the 3 up slower than the 2 up version because of the extension?

    Don't quote me on this but I think the 3up only comes with 90hp, no option for 60. So I'm guessing the 3up has to do around 50mph while the 2up can top out at either 40 or 50 depending on your hp model

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 03stx12f View Post
    I wondered is the 3 up slower than the 2 up version because of the extension?
    Not at all. The extension doesn't even touch the water therefore no drag.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    JohnPavelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12
    +1
    2
    Bump! Hopefully since now many more of you guys have sparks, some of these questions can be answered. Again, by your input you won't only be helping me, but others that have the same questions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Some GPR-SHO Conversion Questions from a newb
    By Matt Hill in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
  3. Question from a potential 1st time pwc buyer
    By Asombrozo in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
  5. Finally got to ride my 05 Rxp and have some questions.
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 06:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •