Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Kawasaki and Tom Sykes Clinch World Superbike Title.....

....with Honda and Yamaha nowhere to be seen!

Did someone say Kawasaki is on the way out? Hardly! They win the Superbike World Championship and will be fielding three bikes next year.

First world title in 20 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Interesting that the PWC community rarely seems to translate to interest in sport bikes. Nevertheless, this is huge for Kawasaki and it will increase sales

+1
    Mark I haven't owned a bike since 1984 a yama 650 but if I wanted the fastest bone stock bike be the kawa ninja....looks fast on the road!

Banned User
    +1
    The original Ninja 900 (1984) changed forever how I looked at motorcycles, I never gave them a second look before then. When I saw this guy zipping through traffic on a beautiful red and black bike (bikes with fairings were rare then) I was immediately hooked. I got my cycle endorsement and picked up a Ninja 600 the following year. My dad immediately left his boring BMW boxer and came over to the Kawasaki side as well. I've been riding their bikes ever since and the ZX-10R continues to prove itself.

It's been quite a ride since 1984...and without the ZX-10 there would be no 300X

+1
    past bikes owned rx1000 then zzr1100

+1
    Just 2-Stroke MX Bikes for me.

Rode some fast Street Bikes - yet friends getting hurt kept me away from purchasing one.

Every now and then KAW will step up with a big performance in Road Racing. Historically, YAM and HON have owned this type of racing. In the mid 80's I saw Kenny Roberts racing at Laguna Seca CA Raceway on his 500cc 2 Stroke YAM. To this day I have never seen anything else quite like that. I guess you don't get the name King Kenny for nothing! JB

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Just 2-Stroke MX Bikes for me.

Rode some fast Street Bikes - yet friends getting hurt kept me away from purchasing one.
    Ed I think it's safe if done correctly. For me, I don't have a "heavy" throttle hand on the street and if someone blows by me it doesn't bother me (too much). It is an activity which requires 100% attention and NOT a good activity to be making assumptions on what cars may or may not do.

There's nothing quite like blasting down a country or mountain road with little to no traffic. The Freedom, feeling of power, and the sensation of speed cannot be found anywhere else! JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Ed I think it's safe if done correctly. There's nothing quite like blasting down a country or mountain road with little to no traffic. JB
    --------------

Much agreed JB - as I have been there, yet please allow me to summarize my decision - based on memory:

1. Dog
    2. Deer
    3. Pellican
    4. Log fell off a pick-up truck

Banned User
    +1
    25 years and I've only had one serious incident (plus a few near misses, especially when I was younger and took more chances).

90% of accidents are the result of unskilled/poorly trained riders and/or drinking. Take an MSF course and track school and you will be way ahead of the curve. Nothing compares to the freedom of motorcycling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information