Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RRFPR with CMD???

When using a regulator with the CMD . Do you have the regulator set for raising rate or static?? Please explain why...

Thanks

I really does not matter, as far as the CMD is concerned. It will home in of the correct AFR answer either way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    I really does not matter, as far as the CMD is concerned. It will home in of the correct AFR answer either way.
    Ok thanks

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    No need to run rising rate with CMD-Autotune. Static fuel pressure is best, way more stable... and won't drive the autotune nuts.
    Last edited by BigDaddyRXP; 10-21-2013 at 11:19 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    No need to run rising rate with CMD-Autotune. Static fuel pressure is best, way more stable... and won't drive the autotune nuts.
    What base pressure? engine on or off?

Thanks man!

The stock fuel pump/regulator drops pressure by about 4 PSI at the rail at WOT. Not good.

56 PSI in the rail with 11 PSI in the intake is 45 PSI pressure drop across the injector. And this is with a stock motor....

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    The stock fuel pump/regulator drops pressure by about 4 PSI at the rail at WOT. Not good.

56 PSI in the rail with 11 PSI in the intake is 45 PSI pressure drop across the injector. And this is with a stock motor....

Andy
    How about running base pressure a little higher? Let say 60psi at idle engine on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post

Thanks man!
    Personally with the CMD I prefer to run a larger fuel injector at a lower pressure, and let the autotune do the rest. No need to drive your fuel pump hard when it's not necessary. I'd start at 60 psi static (key off), then check out your trim map.... and adjust if needed from there.

+1

Thanks man!
    Personally with the CMD I prefer to run a larger fuel injector at a lower pressure, and let the autotune do the rest. No need to drive your fuel pump hard when it's not necessary. I'd start at 60 psi static (key off), then check out your trim map.... and adjust if needed from there.
    I will try that, right now i have it at 58psi static.Is running good but it has a huge bog at hole shot that is killing me, This Vtech tune for 80lb injectors suck!!! Hopefully ill be able to corrected it with the CMD. I know a member (tommythegunner) was running the same tune with a very similar setup and couldn't get it right!!!
    He ended up going Motec, i just hope that i can fix this without going that route.....

+1

Thanks man!
    I will try that, right now i have it at 58psi static.Is running good but it has a huge bog at hole shot that is killing me, This Vtech tune for 80lb injectors suck!!! Hopefully ill be able to corrected it with the CMD. I know a member (tommythegunner) was running the same tune with a very similar setup and couldn't get it right!!!
    He ended up going Motec, i just hope that i can fix this without going that route.....
    Yeah... from what I hear, the Siemens V-Tech maps aren't the best... nor do you have many to choose from either. As long as the timing map is good.... I don't see an issue with the CMD being able to correct the fueling if set properly.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information