Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP 2002 Polaris Virage 700

My 2002 Polaris Virage 700 carbureted it was running fine but it turn the speed down to like 20mph then it jumps back up and accelerate till like 45 and go back down to 20 like if is cutting current or something what that could be?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is there any warning message or red lamp on the display when it is slowing down!

No the red light didn't come on

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunicogaby View Post
    My 2002 Polaris Virage 700 carbureted it was running fine but it turn the speed down to like 20mph then it jumps back up and accelerate till like 45 and go back down to 20 like if is cutting current or something what that could be?
    To clarify, the engine RPM also drops much lower when the speed decreases, or the engine RPM stays high but the jet pump thrust decreases?

What diagnostics have been done? Fresh spark plugs? Correct spark plugs?

Has the fuel system been maintained or the carburetor rebuilt recently?

The rpms drop low too when it decreases the speed I haven't done anything yet the ski was running fine last week the spark plugs look good and it doesn't run rough now the carb I have never rebuilt it.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    clogged internal screen

+1
    The rpms drop low too when it decreases the speed I haven't done anything yet the ski was running fine last week the spark plugs look good and it doesn't run rough now the carb I have never rebuilt it.
    Now would be a good time to take the carburetor apart, clean it internally and rebuild it with genuine OEM parts. John Zigler is a good source for the rebuild kits.

To be thorough, you can verify the carburetor pop-off pressure.

If you still have the original gray Tempo fuel hoses, replace them all with new, good quality fuel hoses. Do this at the same time as the carb rebuild. If the fuel selector valve is original, either rebuild it or replace with new.

If your model has a fuel/water separator, clean it internally. Replace the o-rings as you really need it to seal well.

Check inside the fuel tank. If there is any dirt or sludge inside, it should be drained and cleaned.

You really want the entire fuel system to be 100% clean inside, 100% air tight sealed all the way from fuel tank to fuel pump (which is on the carburetor).

And correctly adjusted. Set the arm height correctly inside the carb, verify the pop-off pressure using the correct spring.

These Polaris engines are intolerant of fuel system problems, and there is a real risk of engine damage from lean burn if fuel delivery is not 100% good.

On the other hand, these engines can run really well when the carburetor and everything else is clean and working correctly.

just rebuild the carb and all the hoses and the ski turn on with carb cleaner but is not picking fuel to the water/fuel filter.

+1
    just rebuild the carb and all the hoses and the ski turn on with carb cleaner but is not picking fuel to the water/fuel filter.
    Recheck your work, especially the hose connections to the fuel pump. Make sure the pulse hose from the engine crank case is connected to the correct nipple on the fuel pump.

And that the fuel feed hose from the fuel tank is indeed connected to the correct nipple at the fuel tank sender and at the carb fuel pump.

i did recheck all the hoses may be i got something messed i got the manual and i connect everything like i supposed to but is not sending fuel from the tank to the filter. it did it once but it stop like half way the little can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information