Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Buyers beware thread

ok guys i hate to do this but here goes, as you all know ive been a member on thir forum since the day it became a forum, i have bought and sold skis and parts since day 1 with no issues at all.

this past summer i purchased a 2012 used jetpump from member Mz251, when it arrived it had a cracked housing, i sent pictires top the member and they immediately claimed it was not the pump they sent and said i was scamming them, further pictures proved it was the pump they sent and the seller agreed to refund half my money which was 130.00$.
    this way i would keep the shaft and bearing and still get something out of the deal. after the refund the seller asked for the pump housing back which i sent back once i was able to get the proper tools to remove the shaft and bearing, i received delivery confirmation that the housing was delivered and that was it,

one month later the member contacts me asking where the pump housing was, i told them it had been delivered more than a month ago. they wanted the money they refunded me back and i said no.
    after sleeping on it and sice i discarded my tracking information i offerred the member 75$ in good faith to settle the situation, the member did not agree. since then this forum member has posted 3 adds in the miami craigslist and put my contact information in the details so for the last 24 hours i have been getting calls and texts. this is a form of harrassment that i could take legal action on. i chose not to do this and again offered te member a partial refund.

beware of dealing with this member, you dont know what quality the items will be in when you get them and he will accuse you of scamming him.
    Last edited by seadoo02xp; 10-25-2013 at 09:42 AM.

+1
    This is my contact info on an add in a city I live 1000 miles from

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mcy/4141604544.html

+1
    So I can't buy the bike?

+1
    bikes with training wheels don't belong in the house

+1
    Do you have his info? phone number?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Do you have his info? phone number?
    Yes I do

+1
    I would call him and ask him to remove if not call the local police.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I would call him and ask him to remove if not call the local police.
    Been there done that. He doesn't care. There are 2 other adds like this as well. I figured I was being more than reasonable with my offer to him.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    that sort of activity will certainly get the attention of cragislist and his account will be suspended. I would again contact the local authorities and specially ask for the person in charge of internet harassment. This guy just made a huge mistake..he doesn't know it yet.

Oh when they call...give them HIS number and tell them he's desperate to sell it.

track info is never actually discarded..with a little effort I'm sure you can obtain proof of delivery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    that sort of activity will certainly get the attention of cragislist and his account will be suspended. I would again contact the local authorities and specially ask for the person in charge of internet harassment. This guy just made a huge mistake..he doesn't know it yet.

Oh when they call...give them HIS number and tell them he's desperate to sell it.

track info is never actually discarded..with a little effort I'm sure you can obtain proof of delivery.
    I didn't want to take it that far honestly. I really don't have time to deal with any type of legal action. If he doesn't stop ill do what I have to.

I'm sure I could go to the post office with the address I shipped to and I would think they could look it up eventually. I only got delivery confirmation on the package.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information