Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transport Company

Does anyone know of a transport company that is reasonable to haul 2 jet skis on a double trailer from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Hammond, Louisiana?
    Thanks in advance,

Don

+1
    Hmm, new toys coming to bayou country? Check w/member "04gtxsc" John. He might be able to help you.

PS - welcome to the 'Hulk.

3. +1 by:

Thanks. I'm from La I bought the skis here and moved to Fl and now coming back.

+1
    Gotcha - so, you riding this fall or waiting for spring? Where do you usually put in?

Uship.com

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I'm thinkin $1,100.00
    $1.24/mi.

...let the bidding begin.

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Gotcha - so, you riding this fall or waiting for spring? Where do you usually put in?
    I have never rode around La. I've only rode in FL.
    If I can get me skis here I would love to do some riding before the cold sets in.
    Where do you ride?

+1
    Well, you may be in for a treat - LA offers several varieties of "loops" - Leave the ramp and go anywhere from 30 to nearly 100 miles and return from the opposite direction. You will not see the same water twice... see the link to my site at the end...

I'd like to say I ride "everywhere", but I'll settle w/almost everywhere. Depending on the ramp I'm 3 to 15 minutes from launching on the Amite, Blind, Diversion for hitting the L. Maurepas area. Once a year, I like to go up around the north side to hit the Tickfaw.

Next, my family keeps a home on Belle River, (Lakes Verret, Grassy, & Palourde) which is where I spend a lot of my time. But from there I'll go as far as Morgan City, Amelia, & Houma and all points south (in the marsh).

I also usually wind up across the levee in the Atchafalaya on an annual basis for Mudbug - you can check that out here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

A few of us locals also hit the road and make a trip once in a blue moon. Our latest was to Biloxi: http://pwctrails.blogspot.com/2013/0...-back-bay.html

The Pearl is a "not to be missed" and I'll be back in their after April 1 (Don't go before then - state law!)

Though nothing on the calendar, I'll throw on the wet suit and make some fall-winter rides. There is not a month in the year that I've not been on the ski. Finally, I'll point you to the LA page of my website so you can start making a list: http://pwctrailfinder.com/LouisianaPWCTrailRides.html

If you have any thoughts, questions, or really bad ideas, just say the word...

Best of luck w/getting the bikes to LA

+1
    What he said. Those are all good rides especially Honey Island Swamp/Pearl and Blind/Amite River area.

Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Well, you may be in for a treat - LA offers several varieties of "loops" - Leave the ramp and go anywhere from 30 to nearly 100 miles and return from the opposite direction. You will not see the same water twice... see the link to my site at the end...

I'd like to say I ride "everywhere", but I'll settle w/almost everywhere. Depending on the ramp I'm 3 to 15 minutes from launching on the Amite, Blind, Diversion for hitting the L. Maurepas area. Once a year, I like to go up around the north side to hit the Tickfaw.

Next, my family keeps a home on Belle River, (Lakes Verret, Grassy, & Palourde) which is where I spend a lot of my time. But from there I'll go as far as Morgan City, Amelia, & Houma and all points south (in the marsh).

I also usually wind up across the levee in the Atchafalaya on an annual basis for Mudbug - you can check that out here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

A few of us locals also hit the road and make a trip once in a blue moon. Our latest was to Biloxi: http://pwctrails.blogspot.com/2013/0...-back-bay.html

The Pearl is a "not to be missed" and I'll be back in their after April 1 (Don't go before then - state law!)

Though nothing on the calendar, I'll throw on the wet suit and make some fall-winter rides. There is not a month in the year that I've not been on the ski. Finally, I'll point you to the LA page of my website so you can start making a list: http://pwctrailfinder.com/LouisianaPWCTrailRides.html

If you have any thoughts, questions, or really bad ideas, just say the word...

Best of luck w/getting the bikes to LA
    Wow. Ok this may not have been a bad move at all.
    My job is not talking about moving me to PA so I will have to wait and see where I will be in the next few weeks.
    Thanks for the info and I look forward to trying to meet up and make some of these rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    What he said. Those are all good rides especially Honey Island Swamp/Pearl and Blind/Amite River area.
    Looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information