Melbourne, AUS

Lightbulb Newly Rebuilt 96 STS 750 Owner seeking general knowledge, advice or tips.

So after purchasing my first Kawasaki and first jet ski 18 months ago I have had it completely rebuilt. Summer is coming around in just a few weeks and before getting it out on the water for the first time ever I am seeking the knowledge of all the much-more-jet-ski-educated-than-me GreenHulk community.

What I am asking is any advice, tips, operating procedures/instructions, recommendations, things to look out for and/or things to check, before taking my first project out on the water to avoid any disappointments after spending a large sum of money getting it to this point.

Seriously even the smallest amount information/help you could provide will be greatly useful for my not so experienced knowledge bank.

As always thanks in advance for your help!

They're pretty simple.

When on the water, make sure you've got water coming out the pisser on the right front side of the hull. It will only dribble at idle, but should flow pretty good at higher speeds.

Handling isn't very good and it changes when the hull gets on plane.

If you're running in salt water, you need to flush the engine & pump with fresh water after each day. Make sure you NEVER run the water unless the engine is running. Start the engine, THEN turn on the water. Turn off the water, THEN shut off the engine.

If you're breaking in a fresh engine, you need to run double the oil for the first 5 hours or so. If it's got oil injection, add oil at 50:1 to the gas. If it's pre-mix, run it at 25:1. Avoid excessive idling or you'll foul the spark plugs (carry spares). Likewise, avoid full throttle operation for the first hour, then brief periods of full throttle after that. After about 5 hours, you can go back to the regular oil ratio and run it hard.

Thread Information