Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

2003 Ultra 150 - shredmaster and triple pisser questions

Hello yall, first post here. Just a quick question. Are the shredmaster plates still being produced and is there a place to buy a new one. Been reading around and hear its the best single bolt on you can buy. And also you guys here are the ones to talk to here at greenhulk.

thanks in advance
    liquidkool

edit. Also looking for a source to get, or make my own triple pisser setup. Any links to any good write up would be appreciated!
    Last edited by K447; 10-31-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Expanded thread title

+1
    Welcome aboard, liquidkool!

What are you trying to accomplish? I've never tried the Shredmaster, but I've heard that it improves handling in choppy water but doesn't do much for speed.

I'm assuming that you have an Ultra 150. If so, you really need to inspect the oil lines and/or replace them. They get brittle and crack when they get old. While you're at it, inspect the oil pump cable. They usually fray badly.

I think the best mod is the triple pisser mod so you know for sure that all three cylinders are getting water. After that, a cooling water strainer, followed by more up trim.

+1
    I LOVED my shredmaster on my ultra 150! Best mod I have ever done to a ski...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    What did it do for you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    What did it do for you?
    I actually did beach house and shredmaster at the same time and it just made the overall ride quality soooo much better. The ski was much more predictable and planted in the water.

+1
    Yes Steve I do have an ultra 150 2003 just picked it up. Super clean ski with 83 hours. Ive read that the sm plate totally changes the the handling in the rough?!

Thanks for the heads up on the oil pump cable and my oil injection lines. They feel nice and soft, the ones that I can see and reach, they are clear in color and im assuming stock.

As far as the triple pisser mod do u have any links to a good write up or a build thread? I know I need some straight fitting for the head and some through hull fittings.

Thanks for the welcome
    liquidkool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    What did it do for you?
    I actually did beach house and shredmaster at the same time and it just made the overall ride quality soooo much better. The ski was much more predictable and planted in the water.
    I did the same, then got rid of the shredmaster and kept the sponsons. Shred was a waste of money once you get sponsons. Don't know if anyone still makes sponsons for the 150 though.

+1
    I did find the ada plate sponsons that just mount flat on the hull for 40 bucks new on their site. Any good word on them? Also anyone wanna help me out with the triple pisser mod. Do I just reroute the stock hoses up front with two new hull fittings? And run a loop on the two rear exit fittings?

Thanks
    liquidkool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidkool View Post
    Also anyone wanna help me out with the triple pisser mod. Do I just reroute the stock hoses up front with two new hull fittings? And run a loop on the two rear exit fittings?

Thanks
    liquidkool
    That's what I did. If you run a stainer, you really don't need to worry about the angled fittings plugging up. If you install straight fittings, you really need to buy a kit (Skiworx sells them). The threads are NOT U.S. standard NPT threads. Also, there is a restriction in the front fitting.

+1
    Skiworx is a ripoff artist heard plenty bout him thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Where do I mount the filter or splice in the filter/strainer I should ask?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information