Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2014 GTS 130 vs Spark 90 HO

Hi guys , newbie here and was looking for some guidance from the wise on this forum,
    I am currently deciding whether to buy a GTS 130 or a spark
    First time buyer , with 3 kids under 10 so it's not about speed just fun
    is the GTS worth the extra 2.5 k ?

Oh and sorry guys regardless of the price which is the best start - will look to use in lakes and maybe close to shore if I do venture to ocean

If you do intend to ride at any one time 3 people, then i suggest to go with the GTS. It is much more stable with 3 pax. Remember, the capacity for GTS is 272kg and the 3up Spark is only 200kg. But for just fooling around, the Spark is the way to go.

+1
    I wouldn't go with the GTS unless it has changed, but it does not offer reverse or the iBR braking system. You may want to go up to the GTI 130. I think it would be a better way to go if your going to have the kids with you most of the time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I wouldn't go with the GTS unless it has changed, but it does not offer reverse or the iBR braking system. You may want to go up to the GTI 130. I think it would be a better way to go if your going to have the kids with you most of the time.
    +1 look for a good deal on a leftover GTI

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Is the wife riding too? i.e. "Super07..family of 5, your sea-doo(s) are ready...".

Maybe a pair of SPARKs would be an idea? $6299.00 for a 3 up, 90 hp, iBR. 60hp could be cheaper still.

The iBR is soooo convenient and effective - its had to imagine going back to the older 'manual' reverse bucket. I dont even think of what its like w/o a reverse bucket at all.

The above advise on a GTI over GTS is VERY sound too...
    Rode a GTIse 130 for 6 years with nothing more than routine oil changes, a wear-ring, gas and a gi-normus supply of 'ear-to-ear' grins.
    That boat NEVER left me stranded, ever.
    Ride 3 all day, pull a tube, great gas consumption - ultra-reliable.
    Last edited by raceneked; 10-26-2013 at 09:04 AM.

IBR would have to be number one on my list. Not so much for the water brake, but for docking and neutral start. I always felt like a dressage horse on speed when trying to dock! Trying to balance neutral and pick up or drop off the kids without fully docking, oh the fun

Remember with young kids to have them sit in front of you and teach them the 'brace' (straight arms on the steering) - so they can hold themselves away from the steering pad if you brake or hit wake or a wave, it's not so kind on their little faces.

Finally, be aware of your ropes in the intake grate, if you intend towing them on rings, inflatables etc. So easy to get wrapped up in what the kids are doing and I saw a nasty accident from this. (not mine thankfully).

Have fun. The kids will love you more than ever if you buy one I know, you will be superdad!

+1

Cool

With the family I believe the Gti would be a solid buy. Near bullet proof machines. Braking, reverse, fuel economy..

Pm tiny if your any where within driving distance from Atlanta Georgia he's the hook up on this site for new units..

Welcome aboard the hulk!!!
    You could also look for 1-2 year old skis with very low hours and warranty. A lot of people buy and don't use as often as they would like. I've purchased units that were 2-3 years old with very few hours and warranty for 1/2 of a new ski (out the door price).
    When negotiating a price with dealerships get out the door prices...

Good luck in your purchase and welcome to the Dooo family!!!

+1
    As far as ropes and towing with a ski you can get a pool noodle and thread the tow rope thru it and then tape it to where it stays close to the ski and keeps the rope floating while near the ski. It a major fun day killer when you suck up a rope. It can also be expensive depending on the damage caused.

+1
    I'd look for a left over GTI 130/155. Like wotxxxsd said search the used market. You can find great deals on the GTI's one or two year used and still have may have some warranty left. These are pretty reliable machines so I won't sweat not having a warranty.

IBR feature is so slick for first time owners(really any owner). You instantly have confidence in docking and maneuvering around people in the water or in tight spaces. Starting in neutral is the a must almost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information