Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

First stand up? Maybe

Hey guys I found a 89 650sx. Needs to be put together. Has a good motor rebuilt. A second haul and fresh paint on the main haul. 500$. Gotta get more details gonna go look at it.
    I weigh about 210 at 5'-10" bigger build (sorry lady's I'm taken) would this be a good ski for me. I never rode a standup. I'm also looking for a winter project so it fits the bill.

+1
    yes 650SX is a nice standup

+1
    whats included in the hull? does it have the pump? exhaust system? electronics?

i bought my 650sx complete but a little tlc needed for $600.

the 650 is a good starter stand up being as cheap as it is. my dads around 5' 10" at 180 in his 50's, he's been riding sit downs since the mid 90's and over the summer he got on it and was comfortable riding within a day.

mechanically the ski is easy as they come. you can have the engine in and out in about 10 minutes.

i was about to order a rebuild kit from sbt a few hours ago but to my luck their out of stock today. I'd go for it, very simple ski. easy and cheap to work on. any questions when putting it together you can check out x-h2o forum. its the greenhulk of stand ups

+1
    Thanks guys. Ya the haul is complete. The extra haul is just a haul I believe. I will see it hopefully tomorrow

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Go for it. PWC Today folks can also be helpful and loads of parts. I have some 650 pistons cheap and generator/exhaust and some other gaskets if needed.
    I spent most my summer riding stand ups and it's a load of fun. Try an SXR 800 if you ever get the chance. You'll want one. Good luck and have fun!

+1
    the 650sx is an awesome winter project. i bought one last summer and redid it over the winter. turned out great. and not too expensive to get parts. eBay and PWCtoday is where you want to look for parts....

+1
    Haha seems like everyone fixed up a 650 last winter. I really had a ton of fun doing mine. Probably totalled around $1200 for the ski, painting supplies and the engine rebuild.

Greenhulk should really have a stand up section, there's more of them around here than people realize

+1
    Ya everyone I talk to that rides a stand up keeps one. Like a sickness haha. Down in ocean city md there is a group of guys prolly around 55 and talking yo them two years ago they decided to get back into stand ups Now every time I ride I see this group of guys ripping it up everywhere I am also looking for a project and I can't believe how cheap it is to get I to it.

+1
    Haha, true, had my sx since 90, not running right now but cant let it go. Lots of fun and very economical.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Haha, true, had my sx since 90, not running right now but cant let it go. Lots of fun and very economical.
    mine was running all summer through august, started running rough. then one day would only crank, checked compression got 30 and 70.
    so thats sitting in the garage waiting for a top end rebuild. if only sbt had parts when i needed them!

did you every figure out what was wrong with your? i remember i made that copy of the manual for you, the disk is really a pain to look through but the info's there haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information