Question Going premix - photos attached

Hey guys. Just picked up a new to me '97 GTX with the 787 in it. I want to go premix and have done all the reading on it. I just wanted to make sure this is the only piece I needed to remove from the pump.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	317660

Thanks,
    Brandon

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

+1
    Only newbies premix a seadoo... It's the most reliable oiling system for 2 smokers EVER MADE!!! It's been proven to be several times more reliable than even premixing... depending especially on who rides and fuels the ski. My advice is to put it back the way it was, make sure to run A correct oil (NOT TC-W3!!!, NOT PENSOIL!!!)... you will use less oil, and have way less hassle, and better reliability and motor longevity with the factory oil injection system than premixing...

Thanks for the replies. I heard lots of thoughts on both sides. For now I want to go premix until I know the ski is performing well. Haven't even got it wet yet. That's why I didn't go the block off plate route, I can easily convert back down the road if I want.

+1
    If you are determined to try it that way, just pulling the shaft you have in the picture will do the trick. If i am unsure about the oiling system i tend to run a tank of gas with premix and let the injection system work too... double oil. Carry plugs if you do this, but it works just fine for me. I will run 50:1 in the tank if i do this. I do this on break in motors too... You can notice a drop in the oil tank if you mark the level of oil in the tank on the side before you ride.

Here is the short list of things to go through on that ski if it has been sitting:
    1: Check/clean fuel tank, replace grey tempo fuel lines, clean out fuel water seperator.
    2:Clean carb filters at a minimum, maybe it wont need a whole carb job, leak check @ 10psi, then check pop off pressure... 23-43 psi pop off, carbs should be within 3 psi of each other IMO
    3:double check all exhaust bolts for tightness, if you move them at all remove and re-loctite them.
    3:check/change jet pump oil...this saves jet pump housings @$399 each
    4:change inline injection oil filter and bleed the system when you are done
    5:check the water regulator, usually they come apart on that model, search how they work, and work it over. at a minimum you should remove the rusted steel clamp on the bellows and replace with a zip tie... this is important, you can sink your boat if this is not right.
    6:check the bailer lines for loose clamps/ties
    7:check battery voltage while running to ensure that the system is charging when you lightly rev past 2500-3000 you should get 13.5-14 volts easy

Just my personal list... i have resurrected a dozen or more boats this age. If you do the work and check things out up front you will have a good time, if you just take it out and run it and think it will run better after you "get it cleared out" you are in for a rough go...

Thanks for the replies guys. I am taking it out for the first time with a friend and his ski this Sunday to see how it runs. Thought it would be safer to run premix this weeknd until I see how everything is running. Then this winter I will go through the entire ski and check everything out. I own a couple boats so this is just a little different to get used too.

Feel free to throw out any other advice you may have.

Thread Information