Kawi 1200 tripple pipe setup questions

So I have put the pipes in my STX-R and am still getting it tuned in and also getting my pump setup right. What I need to know is from all others out there that ran the 1200 with the tripple pipes how long did your crank run before it let go?

+1
    All depends on how good you think the work is and what been done ...

A new T&W crank not from sbt I would probably do between 75-100 hrs at best as a race ski.
    It's the coming out of the water and putting big loads on it while your turning that the heat and stress is created.

It's like a timing belt in a Honda ... At the service limit of 100,000 miles and replace the belt for $750 of go to maybe a few more miles and chance it and it happens to blow.... Well now your at $3000 or more because it Granaded ...:/

If it was me I would be getting nervous at 75 most people would say 50.

If ya think about it a true race ski takes a while to get 75 hrs.

I have heard 75 also. I am still on my stock crank as far as I know. There was 200+ on he clock of my ultra when I pulled the motor for my STX-R build. I have a core crank I think I will have sent out and rebuilt over the winter for a new build up. I just need to find a good set of cases and I will have a complet bottom end. My hull cam with the crank and counter balancers.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by captainoverspray View Post
    I have heard 75 also. I am still on my stock crank as far as I know. There was 200+ on he clock of my ultra when I pulled the motor for my STX-R build. I have a core crank I think I will have sent out and rebuilt over the winter for a new build up. I just need to find a good set of cases and I will have a complet bottom end. My hull cam with the crank and counter balancers.
    Only a couple shops doing the kawi triple cranks and from what I hear they are hit or miss, especially if doing what your doing. OEM is the only way to go about $300 more. I heard crankworks could be trusted so I got a quote of less than $700 with all the shipping so I sent it in then they told me "Oh we don't work on these" "and even if we did it would be cheaper to buy a new one"

anyone have work done at Competitive Crankshafts? By reading there who we are sounds like they are working with some of the bigger name factory rides.

I personally haven't had the chance to use competitive crankshafts but I've heard good things. I had short-blocks r-us rebuild the crank on my ultra. I felt like he did and an excellent job on it. I've only put 25 hours on the rebuild but I'm happy so far. Doug at Short Blocks can be a little slow on the turn around but his work is top notch.

I had pwcengines redo two 1200 cranks for me. I'm very pleased and happy the used wsm parts in the rebuild. Cost 495

Banned User
    +1
    So I have put the pipes in my STX-R and am still getting it tuned in and also getting my pump setup right. What I need to know is from all others out there that ran the 1200 with the tripple pipes how long did your crank run before it let go?

We should get together next year. I want to see this baby run when its all together. Want to hit lake Michigan?

will be running it local to Muskego for testing and break in. Best bet to see me riding will be the BJP free ride in the Dells. I ride lake MI very little unless it is the rece in K-Town. I am at a point where my boat is pretty much either break in, practice , or race. you should bring out some of your toy to the free ride or a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

We should get together next year. I want to see this baby run when its all together. Want to hit lake Michigan?

thanks for the input on the different shops for the cranks. The one that I have been running I am sure it is bomb waiting to happen. I am sure I am looking at least 300 hr on the crank. I think I am going to send my core crank to competive for a build. I may also buy some core jugs to send to US Chrome to match some Wisco pistons.

Thread Information