Central North Carolina

Exclamation Important Information When You Start Modding your PWC!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are going to mod your ski and spend $$$ on high performance parts you need to invest in good tackometer, boost gauge and if you can afford it a AFR gauge. With out the information these gauges provide it is only a guess whats wrong with your ski when the modifications you made don,t reach your expected gold! There are a lot of good knowledgable guys here to help you and without this info everyone is just guessing. Plus with these gauges you know just what is going on everytime you ride. This is dollars well spent IMO. Tommy Jordan ------------- link for you

Trinidad & Tobago
    Very good info Tommy. This is excellent info for someone who is now deciding to mod.

Good advise. Even on my lightly modded FZR, I like to use a digital tach (Tiny Tach commercial) a few times a year just to make sure everything is running properly. I also invested in an MTX-L AFR guage which I have used a few times. Pretty easy install which you can check out here (tons of pics):

Posting weather conditions helps as well, especially when you're unable to perform true back to back tests on parts or setups. Here is a tool I use to track conditions for each set of runs:

I have documented many speed runs with my ski's current setup, and with no changes other than weather it varies plus or minus 2mph for every 1,500ft. change in density altitude.

Density altitude is the altitude relative to the standard atmosphere conditions (International Standard Atmosphere) at which the air density would be equal to the indicated air density at the place of observation, or, in other words, the height when measured in terms of the density of the air rather than the distance from the ground. "Density Altitude" is the pressure altitude adjusted for non-standard temperature.
    Both an increase in temperature, pressure, and, to a much lesser degree, humidity will cause an increase in density altitude. Thus, in hot and humid conditions, the density altitude at a particular location may be significantly higher than the true altitude.

Quoted from this article:

Thread Information