Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Valves spring

  1. #1
    Impulses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    822
    +1
    27

    Question Valves spring

    Good morning, I'm about to install the Vtech 8,375 rpm or 8,500 rpm but I have not clear when I change the valve springs to go absolutely secure.


    Model: RXT 260 RS 2011


    MODS: air filter 4 "SS Riva intake grate, catch can, Riva Gen 3 and pipes.


    What I need (tell me if it is):


    - Riva fuel pressure regulator?


    - Valve springs?


    - Vtech datalogger?


    - O2 sensor?


    -Solas prop or I can leave the stock prop?

    Let's see if we clear entrre all necessary modifications for those who want to run between 8,375 rpm and 8,500 rpm.
    P.D: I always run at sea


  2. #2
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    If your rpms are going to surpass 8300 you need to, at minimum, upgrade to titanium retainers, then you are safe to 8500.

    if you replace valve springs and retainers then you are safe up to 9000.

    i just upgraded to Supertech valve springs and retainers.....

    i would upgrade both springs and retainers if you plan on revving up to 8500, this is my opinion.

    yes you should monitor AFR.

    Yes you should data log

    you out should verify your fuel pressure and install a FPR if your pressure is below 58 psi.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    Good morning, I'm about to install the Vtech 8,375 rpm or 8,500 rpm but I have not clear when I change the valve springs to go absolutely secure.


    Model: RXT 260 RS 2011


    MODS: air filter 4 "SS Riva intake grate, catch can, Riva Gen 3 and pipes.


    What I need (tell me if it is):


    - Riva fuel pressure regulator? My stock fuel system drops about 4 psi at WOT. I hear this mod helps....


    - Valve springs? I would do the Seadoo racing retainers.


    - Vtech datalogger? Mandatory. You have to know what the fueling is doing everywhere.


    - O2 sensor? Use the VTech logger to run an auto parts store o2 sensor.


    -Solas prop or I can leave the stock prop? My stock prop spins over 8300 on cool days. I will be using a pump cone to hold the revs down next year. More revs = more power, less revs = more reliability. Pick your poison.

    Let's see if we clear entrre all necessary modifications for those who want to run between 8,375 rpm and 8,500 rpm.
    P.D: I always run at sea
    See inserted comments

    Andy

  4. #4
    JPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    934
    +1
    53
    Don't spin stock valves over 8600. That's like sliding down a razor blade slippery slide using your balls as the brakes ...

  5. #5
    Impulses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    822
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    Don't spin stock valves over 8600. That's like sliding down a razor blade slippery slide using your balls as the brakes ...
    : Lol:: Lol:

  6. #6
    Impulses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    822
    +1
    27
    But if I install:

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=380

    perhaps with 8,375 rpm the valves do not open properly because the springs are very strong.

    what do you think?

  7. #7
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    Don't spin stock valves over 8600. That's like sliding down a razor blade slippery slide using your balls as the brakes ...
    i guess this is what you guys do for fun in the land down under..........

  8. #8
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    why can't you spin stock valves past 8600? There are more than a few doing it. I have ran short bursts past 8600 on stock valvetrain although I risked my ski doing it.

  9. #9
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,994
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    why can't you spin stock valves past 8600? There are more than a few doing it. I have ran short bursts past 8600 on stock valvetrain although I risked my ski doing it.
    Something to do with the weight of the oem valves as high rpm.

  10. #10
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    why can't you spin stock valves past 8600? There are more than a few doing it. I have ran short bursts past 8600 on stock valvetrain although I risked my ski doing it.
    Something to do with the weight of the oem valves as high rpm.
    Hmmm maybe on a high hr earlier head or where the guides aren't great. I think Psycho ran stock valves around 9K. Think Skoeep did also.

    BTW don't touch that riva crap. Go Supertech

  11. +1 by:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Valve Spring Seat Pressure
    By US PERFORMANCE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 07:39 PM
  2. gas valve springs please help
    By joeblo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 02:32 AM
  3. **NEW TOOL** RIVA valve spring retainer tool now available
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 10:47 AM
  4. For those that pre ordered Riva Titainium valve spring retainers
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
  5. power valve spring?
    By chip in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •