Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

PX 260 mods = speed?

It's time to add some goodies to px260, I ve had a stack of the earlier rxp and px's so I was pretty familiar with set up and expectations , however it feels like I'm starting again with the t3 px260

wondering what speeds to expect with the following set up

8650 ecu, valve retainers, 4 inch air - could I run the standard prop and repitch or would it be best to replace ... Which prop ? Do intake grates increase speed like they did on the earlier models? Is there any value in adding 629 cam?

Or

8650 ecu , valve retainers, 4 inch air, et 137 or equivalent , what prop ? - what at speeds would I expect?

Is there aftermarket nozzles for px260 like there was for the 255 , is there a recommended nozzle diameter other than stock for the above mentioned set ups

thanks in advance..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    It's time to add some goodies to px260, I ve had a stack of the earlier rxp and px's so I was pretty familiar with set up and expectations , however it feels like I'm starting again with the t3 px260

wondering what speeds to expect with the following set up

8650 ecu, valve retainers, 4 inch air - could I run the standard prop and repitch or would it be best to replace ... Which prop ? Do intake grates increase speed like they did on the earlier models? Is there any value in adding 629 cam?

Or

8650 ecu , valve retainers, 4 inch air, et 137 or equivalent , what prop ? - what at speeds would I expect?

Is there aftermarket nozzles for px260 like there was for the 255 , is there a recommended nozzle diameter other than stock for the above mentioned set ups

thanks in advance..
    This is a great place to start reading. dpracing is doing exactly what you are looking for, probably as inexpensively as it can be done.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208409

I haven't read of anyone running grates yet for the PX260. R&D has one and rumor has it Riva has one coming out.

+1
    I run the R&D grate It did not add much speed but it stays hooked better.

You can repitch your stock prop to 8900 rpm on stock charger for sure like I did, but add the Et wheel and you will probably need the 15/22 re pitched to your needs.

I would guess 82-85 with a ET137+4 wheel. Stock charger probably about 75 ish. Thats if you have something to eliminate all the stock limiters. With a stock ecu your limited to about 68-70. With the stock limiters you can add all the power you want but it will only get you to 68 faster.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for the info guys .. Let the mods begin ...

Thread Information