Getting into racing!

Hi guys i want to start racing 2014! Need some help getting organised and getting all the right gear (protective wise)

whats mandatory and whats recommended? e.g neck braces?

any info and tips would be awesome!

+1
    What kind of racing ?

Drags??
    Closed course?
    Ocean??

+1
    take a look on the ijsba site and contact the nearest Promoter for your area.

http://www.ijsba.com/getting-started/

+1
    Hello Fraser, and welcome to the hulk. I myself just started racing CC, last year and it was a blast. I was the oldest rider in my IJSBA sanctioned region @ 57 years old. But I did not let that stop me. Its addictive. I ski in the mid-west region 9, which is KS & MO. I wear a "John wet suit" that's a sleeveless style. I wear a DOT approved Moto Style helmet, I wear jet ski gloves, and jet ski boots, I wear a EVA moto neck brace. I have only fallen off my ski twice but both times were in races. I am glad to have all the protective gear on ... no injuries and really no issues with the high speed flights of fancy. Ha Ha I would be happy to converse with you as you set off on this new adventure of yours. I just love it .... I even got my son to ride in his 1st CC and he took home a 3rd place throphy ... I thing he is hooked now. Stay-n-touch, you can always PM me here on the Hulk ... with any questions you may have. Have fun, be safe and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    What kind of racing ?

Drags??
    Closed course?
    Ocean??
    I would like to do closed course.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello Fraser, and welcome to the hulk. I myself just started racing CC, last year and it was a blast. I was the oldest rider in my IJSBA sanctioned region @ 57 years old. But I did not let that stop me. Its addictive. I ski in the mid-west region 9, which is KS & MO. I wear a "John wet suit" that's a sleeveless style. I wear a DOT approved Moto Style helmet, I wear jet ski gloves, and jet ski boots, I wear a EVA moto neck brace. I have only fallen off my ski twice but both times were in races. I am glad to have all the protective gear on ... no injuries and really no issues with the high speed flights of fancy. Ha Ha I would be happy to converse with you as you set off on this new adventure of yours. I just love it .... I even got my son to ride in his 1st CC and he took home a 3rd place throphy ... I thing he is hooked now. Stay-n-touch, you can always PM me here on the Hulk ... with any questions you may have. Have fun, be safe and good luck
    Thanks heaps for the in ozark, awesome info what is a DOT approved helmet? Is it a standard motocross helmet??

+1
    Yes, but some helmets made for jet ski riding do not have the DOT stamp of approval. It means Dept of Transportation Approved. This is a requirement for all IJSBA sanction racers. I bought mine @ a pawn shop .... saved a fortune and got a really cool helmet that the colors went with my overall color scheme.

+1
    Fraser ... where do you live ? I can help you locate a region for your 2014 seasonal debut !

Thread Information