Will 2001 GTX DI Run without Info Center?

Does anyone know if the ski should run? The second question is Will a RFI info center work on a DI Ski?

I charged a battery and decided to give it a try. I get 2 beeps and the fuel pump runs. Push the start button and I get a Click. The good news is that it tried to start. Starter solenoid is fine. The bad news is the Starter is bad.

I am trying to decide if I want to fix the ski or part it out. Nothing is ever simple. The morons that design these things should be forced to service them. Why would the starter be where you can't even see it.

Does anyone have a trick to changing the starter without tearing the ski half apart.

+1
    Does anyone have a trick to changing the starter without tearing the ski half apart.[/QUOTE]

take seats off, take center divide off, remove battery straps, remove battery, remove stock air box, remove positive terminal to starter, remove the 2 SHCS holding bracket and starter on, grab a hold of the starter with your left hand and with your right hand a large flat blade screw driver pry the starter back. Clean everything up, install the new starter, connect the positive lead, put the bracket and fasteners back in place, install the stock air box and its components, reinstall the battery and its straps, center divided and seats. Pretty easy actually -- 30-45 minute job on a clean fresh water machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Does anyone have a trick to changing the starter without tearing the ski half apart.
    take seats off, take center divide off, remove battery straps, remove battery, remove stock air box, remove positive terminal to starter, remove the 2 SHCS holding bracket and starter on, grab a hold of the starter with your left hand and with your right hand a large flat blade screw driver pry the starter back. Clean everything up, install the new starter, connect the positive lead, put the bracket and fasteners back in place, install the stock air box and its components, reinstall the battery and its straps, center divided and seats. Pretty easy actually -- 30-45 minute job on a clean fresh water machine.[/QUOTE]
    No such luck. Getting the bolts out was easy. There was no wiggling. I tried tapping with screw driver between stator housing and the front of the starter. The end of the starter broke off. I have had this happen before. I think this ski may become parts.

Thread Information