Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 08+ exhaust?

  1. #1
    pummsgtx255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hamburg NY
    Posts
    64
    +1
    3

    08+ exhaust?

    i was wondering what i would gain by converting my 07 ski to an 08 exhaust setup with a waterbox and thru hull. what are the main differences from the older exhaust setup to the 08 and up. any real performance gains?


  2. #2
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    The 08+ flows better.

  3. #3
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    yes the J pipe is restrictive
    the mid pipe flows nice

  4. #4
    Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cropwell,Al
    Posts
    302
    +1
    4
    Sounds better too.

  5. #5
    pummsgtx255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hamburg NY
    Posts
    64
    +1
    3
    So what would all the necessary parts I would need to complete this swap

  6. #6
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by pummsgtx255 View Post
    So what would all the necessary parts I would need to complete this swap
    What ski do you have? What's mods? Have through hull exhaust? Want thru hull?

    Lots of variables. Need a mid pipe and clamp for sure. The rubber hose and clamps for mid to water box.
    Water box and probably some exhaust modifications depending on how you want it.
    Some water lines need to be modified also.

  7. #7
    pummsgtx255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hamburg NY
    Posts
    64
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pummsgtx255 View Post
    So what would all the necessary parts I would need to complete this swap
    What ski do you have? What's mods? Have through hull exhaust? Want thru hull?

    Lots of variables. Need a mid pipe and clamp for sure. The rubber hose and clamps for mid to water box.
    Water box and probably some exhaust modifications depending on how you want it.
    Some water lines need to be modified also.
    As of right now the ski is is sitting stock besides a grate and 4inch air intake. already have a riva waterbox and thru hull waiting to be puut in. the ski is an 07 gtx limited sc. also putting a new impeller in

  8. #8
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Ok what year and model ski?

    The water box you have already is it a 08+ water box or j pipe box?

  9. #9
    pummsgtx255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hamburg NY
    Posts
    64
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Ok what year and model ski?

    The water box you have already is it a 08+ water box or j pipe box?
    i ordered an 07 waterbox a while back never even crossed my mind about the 08. can the 08 exhaust still be done?

  10. #10
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by pummsgtx255 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Ok what year and model ski?

    The water box you have already is it a 08+ water box or j pipe box?
    i ordered an 07 waterbox a while back never even crossed my mind about the 08. can the 08 exhaust still be done?
    Not with a j pipe watet box. Give me a bit and I will post a picture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AIRFLOW Work 08’ Exhaust
    By Danny in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 10:57 AM
  2. WTB! 08+ exhaust resonator and hose
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 06:00 AM
  3. '08 exhaust on an '04-'07 RXP
    By RXP-REX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
  4. WTB: 08 exhaust manifold
    By rxpblast in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
  5. Drilling 08 Exhaust Manifold For o2 Sensor
    By motorsport17 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •