Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FZr bad mid range vibration, is it normal?

Hey guys,
    so I take my ski to water test it today. I installed a motec, riva e1, injectors and some other bits..

I have a mild vibration around 2-4000 rpm when I accelerate lightly, or when I get off the throttle and back on it.

the power is there, it's pulling to 8500rpm but when I let go and jump back on the throttle it will give me some mild/heavy vibration.

I have heard before that the riva e1 gives some heavy vibrations could this be the case?

The amount of vibration can be felt all over the ski and it's enough to shake the front hood, anyone have this same issue with the e1 or do I have bigger problems?

Someone ne told me my driveshaft is bent which I think is impossible because on WOT it's smooth as silk wouldn't it just vibrate more?

how are your motor mounts?

+1
    It is the supercharger surge (3000-4000 rpms) with a E-1 wheel if you had gone with a Et low boost wheel you would not have had this vibration! Only way to get rid of this is change SC wheel. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    It is the supercharger surge with a E-1 wheel if you had gone with a Et low boost wheel you would not have had this vibration! Only way to get ride of this is change SC wheel. Tommy Jordan
    Not true Tommy, When I had the E1 I had my riva power filter connected to one of the hull vents with a piece of kanaflex and the vibration was gone. I know this because the kanaflex came off one day and the vibration was back.

Rami if you are interested in the Kanaflex of the ET Wheels they can be found here in the online store

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1735

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2354

Thanks
    Josh

+1
    Josh, This has been my experance with a E-1 Wheel and Sc wheels with higher boost 16 pounds and higher compresser surge how ever the R&D water cooled SC housing with the anti-surge port helps a lot. All I am stating is just from my experance on these skis and a vibration that only occures at 3000-4000 rpms with high boost wheels. Tommy Jordan

My alignment should be fine the motor has never been moved from factory, will probably purchase the kana flex josh thank you.

didnt think a simple wheel will cause so much vibration!

+1
    Josh, This has been my experance with a E-1 Wheel and Sc wheels with higher boost 16 pounds and higher compresser surge how ever the R&D water cooled SC housing with the anti-surge port helps a lot. All I am stating is just from my experance on these skis and a vibration that only occures at 3000-4000 rpms with high boost wheels. Tommy Jordan
    Yes I experienced it also Tommy. Just saying I fixed the problem by accident when I decided to connect my power filter intake to one of the hull vents.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    I have heard before that the riva e1 gives some heavy vibrations could this be the case?
    This is false. There are no vibrations otherwise the supercharger bushings would fail quickly and the supercharger impeller touch down and supercharger fail completely. What you are talking about is an audible flutter sound.

If your ski is shaking so bad it's vibrating the hood I would venture to say you have something stuck in your pump. Have you inspected the pump and intake grate closely?

+1
    It is the supercharger surge (3000-4000 rpms) with a E-1 wheel if you had gone with a Et low boost wheel you would not have had this vibration! Only way to get rid of this is change SC wheel. Tommy Jordan
    Tommy, a vibration so bad it's shaking his hood?? I used to run an E1 and had no vibrations that would shake the ski.... a flutter from the surge yes, but nothing like what the original poster is describing.

I think his issue is elsewhere.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'd have to agree..something up in the pump..even a couple of dozen feet of fishing line can cause problems

flashlight helps lots here. You could also have a bit of wood stuck into the impeller blades

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information