Raider vibration problem

I have a 95 701 raider that a friend of mine was riding and when he came back to shore he said it just died at top speed. I took it out to see what the problem was and at idle the engine vibrates badly. As soon as rpms increase vibration goes away. Ski seems to have lost about 10 to 15 percent of its top end speed. Have checked motor mounts and compression is 150 on both cylinders. Also checked for debris in pump etc. Engine will not vibrate running on a hose. Any ideas?

You may have to pull the pump to find if there is something wound around the shaft between the prop and the stator...fishing string..something like this could cause vibration. The other things are loose motor mounts(motor shifted an coupler is out of balance).
    After that I would check intermediate bearings. Sounds like you may have to dig a little deeper to determine what the problem is. The fact that the motor runs fine on a water hose tells me its probably in the pump or intermediate houseing. IMHO

I was wondering if he could have sucked up some debris and bent the empeller ? Would a bent empeller cause vibration? When you look at empeller through intake grate its a little nicked up.

A bent impeller will cause a serious vibration, pull the pump and inspect the prop, it will probably be bent on one edge,

Getting ready to tear pump apart. I was wondering if a bent empeller could cause the loss of power i discribed?

Yes a bent impeller blade will cause a loss in performance, and a vibration, let us know..

+1
    Look at the coupler too if its chewed up enough it could vib and power loss.

Thread Information