polaris 2002 1200di genesis idling problem.

Hi again to everyone.
    I replaced my burnt emm with a new same model ski emm that i bought on ebay.Because i just could not repair the burnt emm. I plugged it to my ski the ski starts and runs just fine. but my problem is when i full throttle the ski goes to rev and doesnt drop to idle. i stop and restart it just runs fine until i hit full throttle.

some info:
    my tps sensor is the newest pig tail version that i bought brannew recently.
    i did not plug my ski to podiag and diagnose or calibrate anything. my emm came from other ski and my injectors are my previous ones.
    when the ski rev up when i disconnect the tps it idles back just fine and this shows the tps is broken. i cant be sure because i bought it just new.
    any ideas would be appreciated.

when i unplug the tps socket than the ski idles.

by the way i dont remember much but my previous tps was non-pigtail type and now i use pigtail-type

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle_soup View Post
    Hi again to everyone.
    I replaced my burnt emm with a new same model ski emm that i bought on ebay.Because i just could not repair the burnt emm. I plugged it to my ski the ski starts and runs just fine. but my problem is when i full throttle the ski goes to rev and doesnt drop to idle. i stop and restart it just runs fine until i hit full throttle.

some info:
    my tps sensor is the newest pig tail version that i bought brannew recently.
    i did not plug my ski to podiag and diagnose or calibrate anything. my emm came from other ski and my injectors are my previous ones.
    when the ski rev up when i disconnect the tps it idles back just fine and this shows the tps is broken. i cant be sure because i bought it just new.
    any ideas would be appreciated.
    when i unplug the tps socket than the ski idles.
    by the way i dont remember much but my previous tps was non-pigtail type and now i use pigtail-type
    So the EMM you are now using came from eBay, but without injectors. So the EMM is potentially mismatched to the injectors.

The eBay EMM may be good or it may not.

You changed the throttle body shaft to accept the newer pigtail style TPS.

The engine starts and idles fine with the TPS plugged in. When you squeeze the throttle the engine RPM rises but does not go back down when throttle lever is released.

While engine is revving fast, if you disconnect the TPS the engine RPM returns to idle.

This testing is all done with the watercraft on the trailer, not in the water.

Is this all correct?

If yes, check the voltage between the TPS center wire and the black TPS wire (must be the TPS a Black wire, not the regular engine ground). The TPS must be plugged in and the EMM powered up using the service power jumper on the 8-pin wire harness connector. More details in the Ficht section from my signature links.

Correct TPS voltage at idle position is about .350 volts to about .450 volts.

yes those information is all correct. the only thing is that now i remember my tps was also pig tail type but it was older design. all the test were made outside of the water. i also tried to rotate tps a little bit by widening the tps screw holes and gapping the throttle wire.they worked just a little.
    for the service power jumper i will unplug the 8 pin socket and jump pin 3 and 8 is that correct because i dont have a service power jumper.
    will i test the tps while its plugged in and attached to the carburetor or should i unplug the tps socket? thank you for the information.

is there a possibility that the new tps i bought is also not working properly?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... check the voltage between the TPS center wire and the black TPS wire (must be the TPS a Black wire, not the regular engine ground). The TPS must be plugged in and the EMM powered up using the service power jumper on the 8-pin wire harness connector. More details in the Ficht section from my signature links.

Correct TPS voltage at idle position is about .350 volts to about .450 volts.
    i also tried to rotate tps a little bit by widening the tps screw holes and gapping the throttle wire
    Gapping the throttle wire?

The TPS holes should not need enlarging. Without a voltmeter on the TPS signal you don't know if the voltage is correct or not.

Also check the voltage feeding the TPS. Should be very close to exactly 5 volts.

i mean by gapping the throttle wire that on the throttle body i gave the throttle wire more play for the tps not to open when idle position. i also checked the tps with 5 volt battery and the tps Works fine on the testing while the tps is atteched but the connector is connected to voltmeter. i have about 4.95 volts on full throttle but 0.6 volts when idle.

Thread Information