Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Spark Fuel Efficiency VS All the Rest! (Article)

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/fe...iency-890.html

This is a good read-The Spark is supposed to be 1.94 GPH 60 HP at 40 MPH AND 2.54 GPH 90 HP at 50(?) MPH.

This compares the Gas Misers at 35 MPH and the High End Musclecraft .

Wow I am glad I got a Spark Coming in the Spring!!!!

I think that article linked is old 2009 ??

I believe the 90hp is 2.4gph WOT, but I'm splitting hairs.

+1
    It is 2009 But Not much has changed. It shows the Top 3 Guzzlers (Including the RXT-X) use about 6.8-7.8 GPH at 35 MPH! The Spark is less than 2 GPH at 40 and 2.4 GPH at 50 MPH ? Whats Not to like?

+1
    Wow good info thanks
    interesting that boats don't use that much more than a high powered ski being that they have a lot more weight to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    It is 2009 But Not much has changed. It shows the Top 3 Guzzlers (Including the RXT-X) use about 6.8-7.8 GPH at 35 MPH! The Spark is less than 2 GPH at 40 and 2.4 GPH at 50 MPH ? Whats Not to like?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrian View Post
    Wow good info thanks
    interesting that boats don't use that much more than a high powered ski being that they have a lot more weight to push.
    Actually our 30' dorado with 320hp Volvo diesel burns 5.5ishgph cruising at 35knots that is better than some of these skis.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Not sure if many have had their Sparks out for a full day riding,
    A source that rides the Sparks on a daily basis said they were getting less than an hour on a tankful of gas. So Sea-Doo is claiming 2.4 Gallons per hour at WOT, but the 90HP Sparks were using 8 GPH or more at WOT. There is a huge difference in those figures, let's hope this is not the case with the production units.

If true, this is a real disappointment. I bought 2 of them partially based on fuel economy. I look forward to more user experiences posted here between now and when mine come in.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky-Guy View Post
    A source that rides the Sparks on a daily basis said they were getting less than an hour on a tankful of gas.

So Sea-Doo is claiming 2.4 Gallons per hour at WOT, but the 90HP Sparks were using 8 GPH or more at WOT. There is a huge difference in those figures, let's hope this is not the case with the production units.
    Tankful is unfortunately not a very specific thing.

I have yet to see numbers for what the remaining usable fuel quantity is when the Low Fuel warning first occurs, or how much fuel it takes from initial low warning level to refill the tank to 'full'. That is the effective 'capacity' range of the fuel tank.

When the engine sputters and dies from lack of fuel, how much liquid is still left in the tank? That is UNusable fuel. Depending on the fuel tank and fuel pump intake, the unusable quantity could be near zero or it could be quite a bit, or somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky-Guy View Post
    A source that rides the Sparks on a daily basis said they were getting less than an hour on a tankful of gas.

So Sea-Doo is claiming 2.4 Gallons per hour at WOT, but the 90HP Sparks were using 8 GPH or more at WOT. There is a huge difference in those figures, let's hope this is not the case with the production units.
    Tankful is unfortunately not a very specific thing.

I have yet to see numbers for what the remaining usable fuel quantity is when the Low Fuel warning first occurs, or how much fuel it takes from initial low warning level to refill the tank to 'full'. That is the effective 'capacity' range of the fuel tank.

When the engine sputters and dies from lack of fuel, how much liquid is still left in the tank? That is UNusable fuel. Depending on the fuel tank and fuel pump intake, the unusable quantity could be near zero or it could be quite a bit, or somewhere in between.
    The low fuel warning comes on with 3.9 gallons left according to the manual IIRC

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information