+1

World Finals RXPX From Thailand question

I heard that the Group from Thailand had the new 2012 T3 hulls, but put in 2006-2008 electronics and wiring,
    they did not like the fly by wire design of the newer skis, and they had no IBR at all,
    they also modified the back to open up vent holes for it to breath easier,

Does the drive by electronics instead of throttle cable make that much of a difference?

+1
    Most of the Thai guys are running a turbo setup and anyone with a turbo runs the old stuff.. I know several guys here in the US running turbos for CC racing and they all back dated the electronics and tb. I guess they don't like the ETC or because of the lag in an ETC ski it doesn't work well with a turbo...

+1
    If you have a stand alone ecu or a good reflash there is absolutely nothing wrong with drive by wire. I bet the main reason is cost. Some people would rather put proven fixed ecu setups Instead of try to tune as you go. As far as I know there isn't any system out there that has a set turbo map that will be perfect out of the box. The drive by wire throttle body is actually larger also. There is no advantage or disadvantage I think people are just sticking with what they know instead of moving on to new technology

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I heard that the Group from Thailand had the new 2012 T3 hulls, but put in 2006-2008 electronics and wiring,
    they did not like the fly by wire design of the newer skis, and they had no IBR at all,
    they also modified the back to open up vent holes for it to breath easier,

Does the drive by electronics instead of throttle cable make that much of a difference?
    It will just be that they had a working power package and wanted the newer hull, most likely got one of the carbon hulls from Les and stuffed the engine package into it.

As above with the right ECU setup the fly by wire stuff is great, bigger TB too, and with the stand alone you can programme how the TB reacts to throttle leaver input...

As above cost would be a factor, if for instance they had a package setup that was running the cable TB to upgrade the electronics and TB to the latest would cost a bomb, and TBH would not gain much if anything.

R88

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    If you have a stand alone ecu or a good reflash there is absolutely nothing wrong with drive by wire. I bet the main reason is cost. Some people would rather put proven fixed ecu setups Instead of try to tune as you go. As far as I know there isn't any system out there that has a set turbo map that will be perfect out of the box. The drive by wire throttle body is actually larger also. There is no advantage or disadvantage I think people are just sticking with what they know instead of moving on to new technology
    I agree!

V-Tech has the capability of disabling IBR and you can change the opening rate of the electronic TB.
    Going stand along such as MoTeC M1 will do the same thing.

Thread Information