Need Help...Questions regarding 07 GTX LTD Supercharged

Hi guys. I found this forum and hope you all can give me some opinions. I bought a used 2007 GTX Ltd in early October. Rode it 3-4 times and it was great...just took it to be winterized and I am being told that the supercharger is shot and that the impellor is flaking off metal and getting in the oil in the engine. My guy is telling me that he needs to pull engine and clean oil...at this point he will know if there is any engine damage. If not, he will then need to replace the supercharger. Total bill ~$2,000. Does this sound at all familiar. I rode it just recently and the thing flies. Sounds great too unless you have it out of the water...then I definitely hear the metal on metal. I am considering fixing and keeping, fixing and selling, or selling as is. Thoughts on what I can get and what I can expect. I used to have a 94XP but this supercharger is brand new to me! Please give some thoughts

+1
    Sounds like the proper steps... As long as he replaces the oil pumps.. Possible flywheel and timing chain and cleans the screens but it sounds like a ballpark figure pending what he finds once the ends are apart on the engine when its on the bench.

+1
    Did it have the ceramic washers on the s/c??
    07 and older doos came with ceramic clutch washers that break and fall into the motor.
    Are you sure the metal on metal sound is from the motor and not the impeller when its out of the water??

If your hearing metal on metal from the motor it'd say sell it as it is because its going to be a lot more than a basic clean out.

Use the search function on here and find out about s/c ceramic clutch failure. There are quite a few threads.

Welcome aboard the Hulk!!!

+1
    If you decide to fix it make sure you dooo a complete rebuild of the s/c with washers and bearings...

Thread Information