Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Origin of "GreenHulk"

Im currently watching The Incredible Hulk movie with Edward Norton on TV, and it reminded me of this site, GreenHulk.

I was wondering where this name came from and what does it have to do with Jet Ski's/PWC's?

My guess is the created of this site made a Super-jetski with incredible power and nicknamed it the "Green Hulk".

Was I close?
    ~ TC

+1
    Damn near spot on... Jerry, get on here and 'splain yo self.

+1
    Correct Jerry started a Blog on modding his Green 04 RXP and his son called it Greenhulk.

+1
    (My guess is the created of this site made a Super-jetski with incredible power and nicknamed it the "Green Hulk".) This had a lot to do with it plus the original RXPs were GREEN .

+1

Thumbs up

Got another question for the site veterans... what does the thumbs up/+1 mean exactly? If you scroll over it, the browser indicates its a "thanks". But "thanks", "thumbs up", and "+1" all have different meanings. "+1" means "what this person said goes for me as well"...or "I agree". So I guess it can mean any of the 3? Maybe like a Facebook "Like"?

Can I get a "+1" on this? To indicate that you like my post, had the same question, or thank me for posting.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Pretty sure the +1 thing is somewhat new? I don't remember it the first few years of the forum?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TyCast View Post
    Im currently watching The Incredible Hulk movie with Edward Norton on TV, and it reminded me of this site, GreenHulk.

I was wondering where this name came from and what does it have to do with Jet Ski's/PWC's?

My guess is the created of this site made a Super-jetski with incredible power and nicknamed it the "Green Hulk".

Was I close?
    ~ TC

Well you are close

Long story short.... back in 2004 I decided to buy a new Sea Doo RXP. It was apple green. At the time the Hulk movie was popular so when I brought the ski home my kids called it the Green Hulk Seadoo.

I've always had a background in high performance so I started modding the ski, started a blog with the help of my friend Miketrin and named the blog greenhulk.net
    That blog became very popular and with that popularity came a ton of emails
    For that reason I decided to start this forum so that way instead of discussing mods one on one through email everyone could talk together in open forum.
    That proved to be a great idea as this forum has grown to be the biggest and best forum on the internet for personal watercraft news and information

I do not take credit for this forums success though. It's you forum members that actively participate here that make this forum what it is. I thank you for that!

I attached a pic of that "famous" ski of which I wish I still owned and also a pic of my sons who are responsible for the GreenHulk name
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	now.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	318805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Then.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	318804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0744.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	318803  

10. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Good looking boys there. I know one of them is an excellent judge of character. jajaja hahaha.

Seems to me there was a little war at the time,,,,,, something about Yamaha vs. Seadoo and wasn't there something with some guy named piston wash and ect,,,,,,,,,,lol My that was all along time ago. How things have changed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Good looking boys there. I know one of them is an excellent judge of character. jajaja hahaha.

Seems to me there was a little war at the time,,,,,, something about Yamaha vs. Seadoo and wasn't there something with some guy named piston wash and ect,,,,,,,,,,lol My that was all along time ago. How things have changed.
    thank you Kerry!

i think what you are referring to is how Mudbug started.
    http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/t...6301032191/p/1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information