Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 gtx sc mod questions

hi eyeryone i've just joined the site, i could do with information on how to mod my ski, is it possible to fit an intercooler on the 03 gtx supercharged ?

i put a 05 rxp stock i'c & intake on my 03 gtx i've also put a lot of stuff on her if u want 2 check out my mods go 2 03 gtx sleeper

+1
    hi steve
    welcome to the site, i thought there would have been more replies to your post, i might go to snatchams tomorrow high tide is 10.30 9 meters see ya later

+1
    Green Hulk Performance Forums - So you want to modify your ski? *For Newbies* steve this is that thread i was looking for have a read its packed with info,

+1
    if you are a true speed junkie, and want to do some serious mods like aftermarket fanblade for the SC, remap the ECU... bump up the fuel injection.
    probably you wanna upgrade to the RXP/RXT/ GTX SC IC limeted.
    all 215 hp skis.
    just to get to 215 hp the 2003 GTX needs alot of money for basic parts.
    and the 2003 engine isnt as sturdy as the newer 215 hp versions, only has cast parts, not forged.
    so you are overstressing engine parts if you go too much higher than 200HP.
    out of the box the RXP RXT, is a faster, sturdier, better platform to start modding from.
    and upgrading skis isnt too expensive a proposition, alot cheaper than "building your own" version of the 215hp
    sell the 03 get a 04 RXP/RXT.
    now if you wanna keep your ski, thers a few mods that you can do to improve it ALOT, but it wont be the same as a modded RXT.

+1
    you will need to sooner or later upgrade teh original pump, its plastic, to an 04 and up all aluminum pump. while you are at it you can put on a pump wedge (2.25 or 2.5degree), and OPAS blockoffs.
    you can also upgrade the impeller to a better aftermarket one for either holeshot or topspeed.
    you can add an airintake kit, and redo the exhaust system. the 03 exhaust is over complicated and has 7 or 8 extra boxes and resonators and pipes that you can remove and modify, for weight savings simplicity sound AND performance
    the SC will need to be upgraded eventually, this is a good time to put on metal washers, and upgrade it to the 06 version.
    all this will improve reliability, and performance, you will gain low end holeshot, and a bit of top speed, and it will handle alot better.
    wont outrace a stock RXP or RXT, but it will be even closer.
    imho i like the 03 red and black colors alot better than the newer skis, i'm not a speed junkie, and i got a good deal on a low hour 2003 GTX SC. so i'm keeping mine and doing the above mods this spring.

i've got $2600 in my gtx most parts bought used & will run any stock or slightley mod rxt if i would have sold the gtx 4 6500 & bought a used rxt 4 8000 + taxes 200 + mods 2 make it run with my gtx (riva stage I rr s/c fan riva sponsas riva catch can) 1500 i would have 3200 in her now i still have the cast pistions but i can do them 4 less than 600 the gtx will handle up 2 215 hp with the cast pistions so untill i add more hp they'll stay i like the yellow of the 03 gts + it matches my 04 rxp so if u want a good winter project 2 do have a little time 2 shop 4 some deals it can b done i like my 03 gtxsc sleeper

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    you will need to sooner or later upgrade teh original pump, its plastic, to an 04 and up all aluminum pump. while you are at it you can put on a pump wedge (2.25 or 2.5degree), and OPAS blockoffs.
    you can also upgrade the impeller to a better aftermarket one for either holeshot or topspeed.
    you can add an airintake kit, and redo the exhaust system. the 03 exhaust is over complicated and has 7 or 8 extra boxes and resonators and pipes that you can remove and modify, for weight savings simplicity sound AND performance
    the SC will need to be upgraded eventually, this is a good time to put on metal washers, and upgrade it to the 06 version.
    all this will improve reliability, and performance, you will gain low end holeshot, and a bit of top speed, and it will handle alot better.
    wont outrace a stock RXP or RXT, but it will be even closer.
    imho i like the 03 red and black colors alot better than the newer skis, i'm not a speed junkie, and i got a good deal on a low hour 2003 GTX SC. so i'm keeping mine and doing the above mods this spring.
    I just got back from doing all the above mentioned mods to my 03 GTX SC and it is UNREAL the difference it made on my ski. GPS'd on first couple runs was between 63 and 64 prolly averaged out to be around 62-63 BUT this is with the STOCK impeller they didn't have a Solas to put on were out of stock. This also includes that RXP pump I was bitchin about as far as what to do if it will fit etc. It fits it works and my ski is just a completely different machine now. On the holeshot it actually jumps out of the water now unreal for that fat of a ski nothing like the RXP, the one he had is Stage 2 and jumps out of the water prolly 2-3 feet creating a splash that will shoot out like 10-15 feet either side. The handling is awesome now too that combined with the wedge have just drastically improved that and how it feels now is completely different than before, it's far from sluggish. You should hear the grumble too w/ the resonator pipe in there. Anyhow I am happy but it wasn't cheap and it made for a VERY long weekend I drove about 6 hours each way to get this done after last summer I wasn't taking no chances w/ my sorry dealer here.

Nismo, where did you take your ski?...PR...

Welcome to the forum fencer50/24!!!

+1
    nismo, so you used the rxp pump, and 03 wear ring and 03 impeller??
    sweet
    did you rebuild the SC already???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information