Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Input wanted on neck braces

Hi all sorry if im re starting a dead thread but was want some info on what safety gear guys are wearing for cc racing and drags. Particularly id like to know what type of neck braces people are wearing?

Are the neck collars any good and do they last in the water??

Ideally id like a really good neck brace but not sure which one is best i have heard good things about the leatt?

What other safety gear are people wearing when racing?

I am currently recovering from back surgery to fix a prolapsed l5-s1 disc and want to look after myself when i start racing. Are there any protective devices for full or lower back that will fit under a lifejacket.

P.s i am re posting this because i posted it the wrong forum section yesterday!

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I'm not racing, but I tend to wear gear when riding, since I'm riding at higher speeds (80-90) I just bought a Jettribe neck collar. I've known CC racers who wear those and have come peeled off their skis at 60+ and be fine. I also wear the Jettribe Interceptor vest http://store.jettribe.com/jtg-12423-...eptor-ex-vest/ but a friend had problems wearing that dragging because it would get caught on things and tear apart the plastic covers over the aluminum honeycomb. I'm told Jettribe is revamping this vest by having the smooth neoprene cover the plating. Because I'm rec riding, I'm fine with my vest. I broke 2 vertebrae 2 years ago (T8/9)from being tossed from a pump stuff, so I can understand your concerns.

I also saw a lot of Jettribe gear being worn at P1 Aqua X yesterday. The boots (I use also), padded neoprene shorts and knee protectors were common.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info unsane! Do you find the neck collar moves around a bit? Im worried that if i was to come off at speed the collar will move and wont provide as much protection??

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Thanks for the info unsane! Do you find the neck collar moves around a bit? Im worried that if i was to come off at speed the collar will move and wont provide as much protection??
    I just bought it and haven't worn it yet. I have friends who race with them and haven't had any problems. If you're using a Jettribe vest, there's a hook for the collar.

Banned User
    +1
    I wear a leatte, been wearing one for years, and swear by it. Make sure you pay attention to what jet tribe stuff you get. I know their older "race" life jackets were not even coast guard approved, can't say about the new stuff though I'm not familiar with it.

6. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    I wear a leatte, been wearing one for years, and swear by it. Make sure you pay attention to what jet tribe stuff you get. I know their older "race" life jackets were not even coast guard approved, can't say about the new stuff though I'm not familiar with it.
    Certain models were sold as usgc approved but come with Euro ce badges. Neither number is valid though. Be very careful with this.

I use a jettribe coller and it works well though. It is not a full brace but it helps.

Sean

+1
    Hello my Aussie mate Fraser, I have been wearing the EVA neck brace ... it fits well with both my Coast Guard approved Life vest. I tried on a Leatt neck brace and found it to be a little much. As I told you in an previous post ... both times that I have flown off my ski ... I was wearing my EVA neck brace and both times it worked like a charm. It is like a collar but as some height-wear adjustments on the back side for your particular comfort. They sell through on line motorcycle gear stores on line starting @ about $110.00 .... trust me they really do work well. Now do consider, they restrict your side-to-side turn of your head when you have the helmet on ... so turning your head to see if anyone is behind you is nearly impossible ... but all the more reason you want to be out front and leading ..... don't give a crap who is behind you! Ha Ha

Thanks for all the responses, will definately be trying out a leatt brace and steve i will also have a look into the eva neck brace any chance of you send me a link? I tried googling eva neck brace but could only find the sort of brace youd wear after a car crash! Haha

Any chance of you sending me a link**

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    I think he meant EVS neck brace.

http://evs-sports.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information