Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,846
    +1
    527

    Thumbs down 10% to 15% ethanol

    I saw in the newspaper there is a new bill introduced by some congressman to allow the use of 15% ethanol in all gasoline in the future! I sure don't think we need it. Most of our current engines can hardley run with the 10% ethanol in them now. Just sad what the current folks in Washington are doing to us !Tommy Jordan


  2. #2
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,941
    +1
    349
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ation/3590105/

    The Obama administration on Friday proposed to reduce the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply for the first time, acknowledging that the biofuel law championed by both parties in 2007 is not working as well as expected.
    The change would require almost 3 billion gallons less ethanol and other biofuels to be blended into gasoline in 2014 than the law requires.

  3. #3
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    LMAO!! Recent tests in Fl show over 15% Ethanol already in most pumps. Even though pumps state no more then 10%.

    Please don't start on how the gov would never lie to me. LOL.

  4. #4
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    6,529
    +1
    1,278

  5. #5
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I saw in the newspaper there is a new bill introduced by some congressman to allow the use of 15% ethanol in all gasoline in the future! I sure don't think we need it. Most of our current engines can hardley run with the 10% ethanol in them now. Just sad what the current folks in Washington are doing to us !Tommy Jordan
    this has already been implemented . just go to walmart and compare their gas with citgo , you will see that they even smell different.

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I saw in the newspaper there is a new bill introduced by some congressman to allow the use of 15% ethanol in all gasoline in the future! I sure don't think we need it. Most of our current engines can hardley run with the 10% ethanol in them now. Just sad what the current folks in Washington are doing to us !Tommy Jordan
    this has already been implemented . just go to walmart and compare their gas with citgo , you will see that they even smell different.
    What ethanol percentage is stated on the pump labels?

  7. #7
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    6,529
    +1
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    LMAO!! Recent tests in Fl show over 15% Ethanol already in most pumps. Even though pumps state no more then 10%
    .
    can you provide a link to the source of that particular info?

    That's a serious allegation and if it can be proved out, it can get national news coverage.

    who performed the tests?

  8. #8
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I saw in the newspaper there is a new bill introduced by some congressman to allow the use of 15% ethanol in all gasoline in the future! I sure don't think we need it. Most of our current engines can hardley run with the 10% ethanol in them now. Just sad what the current folks in Washington are doing to us !Tommy Jordan
    this has already been implemented . just go to walmart and compare their gas with citgo , you will see that they even smell different.
    What ethanol percentage is stated on the pump labels?
    E 85 all over here.

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I saw in the newspaper there is a new bill introduced by some congressman to allow the use of 15% ethanol in all gasoline in the future! I sure don't think we need it. Most of our current engines can hardly run with the 10% ethanol in them now. Just sad what the current folks in Washington are doing to us !Tommy Jordan
    this has already been implemented . just go to walmart and compare their gas with citgo , you will see that they even smell different.
    What ethanol percentage is stated on the pump labels?
    E 85 all over here.
    E-15 and E-85 are worlds apart.

    This thread is talking about the impact of a shift from E-10 to E-15 for general use in non-flex-fuel engines.

    Are you seeing E-15 currently being sold for regular automotive use in your area?

  10. #10
    powerstroke specialist mikegp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,529
    +1
    190
    no, not E-15 ,but in every pump nozzle you see here has E-85 stamp on it and the gas smell really bad if you get a rag and dump some on it, i will not dry as we know , it leaves a light film of some sort of oil . you can feel it in your hands.
    but i haven't seen yet E-15 on any pump. as today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 10% to 15% ethanol
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 11:06 AM
  2. 10% to 15% ethanol
    By 2fast4u in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 10:07 AM
  3. some AN-10 to 1/2 NPT fittings
    By Pale Rider in forum Conversion Skis Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 04:37 PM
  4. going from 14/19 to 15/20 need advice,.....
    By travelboysteve in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 11:59 PM
  5. Usual RPM change from a 14/19 to 15/20
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 12:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •