Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Changing out foot pads GTX 05

I'm changing out the foot pads and was wanting to get some pointers on what to do with the rivet hole do I fill with epoxy or just cover them with new pad? Also any helpful info will be very appreciated. Thanks Also have some gel coat chips ect were do and what do I buy to fix that
    Also were can I get a new pin for the wake board tower its been pulled out. I want all to know I just purchased this from a friend and I'm trying to give it a complete make over, I'm removing all the decals I did not know if I should try to by new ones or just leave them off? Might even paint it white what do think? Super charger is with Jerry for rebuild just put new wear ring in and fresh oil/filter. Can you get new rub rail for it? I would like to as there is some damage. Thanks for any help. Curtis

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow seadoo 2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	318788

+1
    I fill them with silicone, but I would scrub all that dirt off before you mount the new pads. The pin for the wakeboard tower is a BRP only part and retails for $100!!!!! I had a customer this year come looking for one and that is the only thing like it! Gelcoat can be tough to do if you don't know what your doing..

+1
    Get OEM decals, or get some custom ones from CCW (forum member) or Exotic signs!! Will in the rivet holes with epoxy, but you'd probably be just fine putting the new mats over them. I wonder if a hardware store might have a pin similar to the one used in your wakeboard tower?

+1
    acetone for getting that glue off....nasty stuff,but works well...

+1
    I will use some acetone to remove glue stuff, and it will get a through steam cleaning before the new mats go on. I can't believe $100.00 for a little pin!! There has to be someone on here that has another option!!

+1
    It is a weird pin with a spring on it. I don't know if you can get it anywhere else.....

+1
    I think I will just machine down a bolt and install a spring and use a key ring for a pull. I might try a local hardware store to see what they have first. New seat cove and foot pads came in today. Jerry rebuilt my supercharger toady and will be return shipping it. Can you purchase new rub rail for them? What does it cost? Can I make the motor (185hp) into a 260hp if so what would I need and were to by parts?

+1
    How fast can I make it and still be reliable? Could it do 80mph 85mph with mods and still be able to drive like it does now or close?

Banned User
    +1
    I bought the hydro turf molded diamond peel n stick and went right over the holes. Zero issues with water

Getting to 80 mph is attainable sure, but it's gonna be expensive. Any things possible with the right amount of money

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7 silverbullet View Post
    I think I will just machine down a bolt and install a spring and use a key ring for a pull. I might try a local hardware store to see what they have first. New seat cove and foot pads came in today. Jerry rebuilt my supercharger toady and will be return shipping it. Can you purchase new rub rail for them? What does it cost? Can I make the motor (185hp) into a 260hp if so what would I need and were to by parts?
    Yes, you can order new rub rail, BUT 99% of the time it is shipped via freight truck NOT UPS so order it from a local dealer and let them pay the shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information