Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

So I want to take a trip. Will you help me?

Hello hulk members, I'm looking for a little guidance for a lake trip next year. I live just outside of Kansas city, and I'm willing to travel up to 8 hours one way. It would be my wife, 4 year old daughter and myself going. We would like to camp close to the water wherever we end up. Ive already been to all the local lakes, along with Lake of the Ozarks and Bull shoals lake. We like to explore new places and I'm stumped on where to go next. Are there any lakes/rivers worth a drive within the 8 hour window you would recommend? Or are they all the same and its just water? Id really like to take my ski down to Miami and join one of the group rides to bimini, but its a little bit further then 8 hours....more like 22 one way lol.

Any comments/recommendations are appreciated.

+1
    Don't know what I have withing 8 hrs of KC, but please feel free to dig around on the site: http://pwctrailfinder.com/index.html Prob. a little further than 8 hrs, but between the SoLA to FL Panhandle is literally about 1,000 miles of trail.

+1
    Go to south Louisiana (Mudbug) and the Gulf area...MS to FL panhandle. I've done some and planning more for 2014, great places to ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Don't know what I have withing 8 hrs of KC, but please feel free to dig around on the site: http://pwctrailfinder.com/index.html Prob. a little further than 8 hrs, but between the SoLA to FL Panhandle is literally about 1,000 miles of trail.
    Thanks,I've done some digging around on your site. Didn't really find anything close enough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Thanks,I've done some digging around on your site. Didn't really find anything close enough.
    Quite welcome and understood. I really have not had much submitted from the mid-south and mid-west. I wasn't exactly sure where Olathe is, but if I were to put a bull's eye on the lower 48 - Olathe would be it. Consider TN maybe? I know there is big charity ride every year - TN600 - that's a lot of water...

Good luck, but if you decide to travel to the deep south, give me a head's up.

+1
    Lake Murray, Oklahoma is awesome...blue water, you can even scuba dive there. Plenty of places in Arkansas...Arkansas River, Greers Ferry Lake complete with an island you can hike to the summit of.

+1
    Now were talking!!!

+1
    Lake Quachita. West of Little Rock Arkansas. Beautiful area at the foothills of the Quachita mts. Cleanest, clearest water in the state. Hot Springs is the nearest "big" city, maybe 15 min. away. Brought our ski there and had a great time. Check out Google earth. Good luck !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Lake Quachita. West of Little Rock Arkansas. Beautiful area at the foothills of the Quachita mts. Cleanest, clearest water in the state. Hot Springs is the nearest "big" city, maybe 15 min. away. Brought our ski there and had a great time. Check out Google earth. Good luck !!!
    That looks awsome! Only thing that "scares" me is the 10% vegitation growth on the water. Do you remember any vegitation? Nothing worse then sucking up debris,and secondly walking in it every time you get to the shore.

Actually i can think of a lot of things worse then simply sucking up debris. Be honest, you just dont like getting wet do ya? haha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information