Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

GTR 215 First Mod's Done!

oh well the misses has nicked the gtr and now intends to race it, so we decided to do a couple of mods to help, first we have now installed a Worx Intake Grate and then 2nd a set of Worx Sponsons.

Be interesting to see how the beast turns with this combo fitted.

further down the line will be vetch flash, air intake, thru hull exhaust.

Will keep you posted on how she gets on.

+1
    nice! keep us posted on how the grate and sponsons help or hurt. i am looking at adding the same ones in the future.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Get the reflash done as the ECU holds back any mods ...

handling mods fine ...

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    yep; ecu will hold ski to (around) 68mph, regardless of mods, aside from handling. The V-tech flash will eliminate this restriction, as well as let you start your ski in 'sport' mode...
    You will also be able to re-set the rpm limiter to 8400, which is about the max safe limit with a stock valve train.

+1
    needs more psi

+1
    Why the thru hull??? It is of no performance gain... Nothing but loud noise.... Plus if she is going to race, they arent allowed in stock class..

8. +1 by:

+1
    question... i get what the vtech flash does but wouldn't this do the same thing? or is it strictly limited to the 260hp skis?

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...rride%20Module

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    question... i get what the vtech flash does but wouldn't this do the same thing? or is it strictly limited to the 260hp skis?

I dont want to sound like an A$$ but please use the search button. I have alot of mods to my GTR and covered some things. The module will not do anything and will NOT work on the GTR. Plus the new skis have-boost, rpm and gps restrictions---all three must be removed to get anywhere. Vtech does a good job at this.

Let me know how the grate works out, I am guessing 2mph slower but you are the first GTR to try it!

+1

GTR 215 First Mod's Done!

Right here we go, went out today weather fine water calmish no white tops. Ski bout 1 - 2 mph slower with the intake grate but cornering was different class.

Once a a few other skis were out on the water it became more choppy, this is when we noticed the intake grate, it was very very good, we were throwing it into corners following other skis and you could literally feel it hook you round.

my wife is very competent on this ski, we also have a vx which she won't ride as it's too slow, however once in sport mode she said she really did notice a difference and she said it handled totally different. One thing I picked up on what she was saying was she could stay wot a lot longer into the corners and then turn, watching you could really see the difference through the turns.

so much so a couple of the local lads would not believe the ski was completely stock other than the sponsons and intake grate.

having read a lot of surfed15 threads the next mods will be the air intake and reflash, not this side of Xmas unfortunately.

All in all very pleased with the new handling of the ski, it is now more fun than before, which on this ski is hard to beat anyhow.

So hats off to Worx an excellent upgrade which I'm sure will help the wife when racing.
    Last edited by chripark; 11-23-2013 at 05:10 AM.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

I dont want to sound like an A$$ but please use the search button. I have alot of mods to my GTR and covered some things. The module will not do anything and will NOT work on the GTR. Plus the new skis have-boost, rpm and gps restrictions---all three must be removed to get anywhere. Vtech does a good job at this.

Let me know how the grate works out, I am guessing 2mph slower but you are the first GTR to try it!
    this is why i love message boards. everyone is so quick to throw USE SEARCH. not everyone has 30 mins to sort through every thread that contains the words speed, control and module. now i dont want to sound like an ass but please forgive me for asking a question. from here on out i shall consult the search function rather than wasting valuable forum space with an asinine question

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information