Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

More fuel pressure regulator questions

Okay, before I installed the regulator, my fuel pressure was rock solid at 44 psi under wot.

Now with the R&D regulator I set it at 58 at idle non rising rate and before I get on plane at about 3k rpm it's at 48, then as soon as I go wot it drops to 20 maybe less.

Any ideas? R&D is closed on Friday. I would have asked them. What do you guys think?

Even without much load it doesn't hold pressure.

Again, with the stock reg. it never went below 44. So to me it doesn't seem like the pump. Seems like the reg. I opened it up and there isn't much to it, a pintle, a spring and a diaphragm.

+1
    Sounds like your leaking pressure in the tank somewhere. Where any of the fuel lines modified in the tank that maybe has a loose clamp?...is the pump seated correctly in the black container?. It can't be to many things.

Regulator is probably fine, I went through the same thing...nothing to them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Sounds like your leaking pressure in the tank somewhere. Where any of the fuel lines modified in the tank that maybe has a loose clamp?...is the pump seated correctly in the black container?. It can't be to many things.

pump is seated fine, it's even lined up with the marks on the pump and tank. The only mod is the block off for the stock regulator. If that came out I'd have no pressure at all.

Strange symptom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post

pump is seated fine, it's even lined up with the marks on the pump and tank. The only mod is the block off for the stock regulator. If that came out I'd have no pressure at all.

Strange symptom.
    You need to check your connection at the pump i typically ise hose clamps cause swlf crimp clamps tend to lose pressue and in the tank you cant see it. That will explain your rapid pressure drop with key off

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post

Strange symptom.
    You need to check your connection at the pump i typically ise hose clamps cause swlf crimp clamps tend to lose pressue and in the tank you cant see it. That will explain your rapid pressure drop with key off
    I didn't have to mess with any hose connections on the lower portion of the pump.

Maybe the block off is leaking?

+1
    Any body else? Thanks

+1
    Any body else? Thanks
    My riva drops to about 50 psi after the pump stops. Then over a few days it drops to zero.

+1
    How old is the fuel pump???I had this type of situation with my wifes ski...Come to find out the fuel pump went bad..It was weak and couldnt push fuel at the higher RPMS..This was an OEM pump too..

+1
    fuel pumps have a check valve that will leak back through if it goes bad. Cheap Walboros are famous for this crap. How are you measuring?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information