Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ski

New ski

I am thinking about getting a new ski. The dealer is trying to convince me that the VXR is just a fast as the as the FX SVHO. I understand that the top speed is is going to be close but he says that is is almost a quick to 60 MPH. He attributes it to the fact that the VXR is about 150 lbs lighter. Well all you Yamaha gurus out there, what are the REAL facts.
    Mike

+1
    No guru, but it will be close. The new SVHO should get there a bit quicker The 2014 VXR lost some more weight as well. May be a sub- 700# ski now. Really depends more where and how you will be riding & if you have future plans for it to be a 75+ mph ski. Good luck !!!

+1
    If the money for the new 2014 SVHO is around the same and not a great deal more ... I say go for the SVHO. It is the best engineer Yamaha to date. They really got it right with the whole package. Engine, hull, and propulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    No guru, but it will be close. The new SVHO should get there a bit quicker The 2014 VXR lost some more weight as well. May be a sub- 700# ski now. Really depends more where and how you will be riding & if you have future plans for it to be a 75+ mph ski. Good luck !!!
    The ski still tips the scale at about 725#. If I wanted to make it a 75 MPH + ski, what would that entail.

+1
    Unless u do what greenhulk did to his vxr it will never see 75 mph. Not sure on the svho. If i had to do it over i would buy a s/c ski. Easier to get big numbers if thats what u are after.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Unless u do what greenhulk did to his vxr it will never see 75 mph. Not sure on the svho. If i had to do it over i would buy a s/c ski. Easier to get big numbers if thats what u are after.
    There's your answer right there, "planiack". Buy Bruce's 74 mph VXS so he can upgrade to the new SVHO !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    There's your answer right there, "planiack". Buy Bruce's 74 mph VXS so he can upgrade to the new SVHO !!!
    Haha I have been thinking about selling and getting a s/c ski. I have about 50 hours On it and 3 years left of YES warranty and it is not worth the loss i would take at this time. But I like how you think !!!

9. +1 by:

+1
    Well not sure about the SVHO but my friend has a stock vxr and a stock FZS. they run almost neck and neck but the FZS does pull ahead eventually.

+1
    If you are okay with having about 80% percent of acceleration the FX SVHO has without the maintenance/complexity/cost of the supercharger I would say go with the VXR. I love mine and recently had it on the lake with a 2012 Seadoo GTR. We would top out at around the same speed and whoever took off first was going to stay in the lead but I couldn't touch his acceleration when he spooled that supercharger up first.

Quote Originally Posted by planiack View Post

The ski still tips the scale at about 725#. If I wanted to make it a 75 MPH + ski, what would that entail.
    My personality was to go with the simpler cheaper VXR and not look back. Based on you already asking this question I think the FX will probably be the better choice for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJosh View Post
    I love mine and recently had it on the lake with a 2012 Seadoo GTR. We would top out at around the same speed and whoever took off first was going to stay in the lead but I couldn't touch his acceleration when he spooled that supercharger up first.
    You can fix that with a couple of minor mods. My daughter can run neck and neck to 65 MPH with a 2008 Stage I RXP-X from a holeshot. The VXR/S can be made to be fairly quick with the right tweaking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information