Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Let's Talk About Handling Mods 2003 GTX SC

So, I came to the realization that instead of chasing a top speed I want to be able to have a good hole shot and be able to pull hard through turns. I'm hoping to build to be able to go 60+ still. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking a intake grate, sponsons, Speed freaks Quick Turn steering arm, R&D Ultimate pump seal, and metal pump. Suggestions? Opinions?

I seem to be changing my mind a lot when it comes to mods, but I think I'm finally norrowing it down to my needs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    So, I came to the realization that instead of chasing a top speed I want to be able to have a good hole shot and be able to pull hard through turns. I'm hoping to build to be able to go 60+ still. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking a intake grate, sponsons, Speed freaks Quick Turn steering arm, R&D Ultimate pump seal, and metal pump. Suggestions? Opinions?

I seem to be changing my mind a lot when it comes to mods, but I think I'm finally norrowing it down to my needs.
    go with the R&D intake grate
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=581

either Riva or R&D sponsons
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=966
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=303

Lacey OPAS blockoffs
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=986

R&D pump seal
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2295

Keep the engine in place and prevent motor mount breaking by using the Piranha mount
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1645

Speedfreeks steering arm is for the X model skis.

Hope that helps!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Jerry. Would my ski benefit from the metal pump swap as I'm also running a 4" air intake. If I swap to x steering I can use the steering arm correct? What kind of difference does the steering arm make? The as says it will handle like a 2 seater, is this true?

Banned User
    +1

Really you realized how hard gaining speed is and how much money it's gonna cost ya. Your young do yourself a favor and save the cash to increase holeshot and put towards a faster ski out of the gate. Deep down everyone loves speed but just can't afford to go fast. You have the ski fixed and reliable now, go out and enjoy it. Your not racing anyone so couldn't see why holeshot is your new thing. Most of the items you listed will help and don't take away from reliability if you choose to spend your money. Remember old skis don't bring much value and 2014 is coming. Even take the money and save it for a truck, snowmobile, house, wedding ring....... Glad to see you got the demons out of it and it's running good for ya.

+1
    +1 to Jerry's recommendations.

I would definitely put a metal pump on it.
    What steering arm are you referring too?
    If you put x setup you run x arm.

You could also add VTS, great mod for holeshot and handling.

Thanks Jerry. Would my ski benefit from the metal pump swap as I'm also running a 4" air intake. If I swap to x steering I can use the steering arm correct? What kind of difference does the steering arm make? The as says it will handle like a 2 seater, is this true?

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post

Really you realized how hard gaining speed is and how much money it's gonna cost ya. Your young do yourself a favor and save the cash to increase holeshot and put towards a faster ski out of the gate. Deep down everyone loves speed but just can't afford to go fast. You have the ski fixed and reliable now, go out and enjoy it. Your not racing anyone so couldn't see why holeshot is your new thing. Most of the items you listed will help and don't take away from reliability if you choose to spend your money. Remember old skis don't bring much value and 2014 is coming. Even take the money and save it for a truck, snowmobile, house, wedding ring....... Glad to see you got the demons out of it and it's running good for ya.
    I guess the main reason I'm trying to do something with it is I'll be keeping this ski for 2 or 3 years then upgrading to hopefully a newer hull ski such as the T-X. But for the two years, I want something that's going to be most like my GPR as my GTX is a lame ride compared to the GPR. So I'm hoping to put another 600$ish on the ski and call it done and just enjoy and have fun with it. Then hopefully I'll be able to save up and upgrade to a T-X after a few years.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    +1 to Jerry's recommendations.

I would definitely put a metal pump on it.
    What steering arm are you referring too?
    If you put x setup you run x arm.

You could also add VTS, great mod for holeshot and handling.
    The metal pump should reduce cavitation correct?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2134

Adding VTS seems costly, and I was talking to Danny about this and he says the GTX/RXT is costly to add VTS too.

+1
    The only thing preventing me from doing the motor mount is I just replaced mine, and I don't want to remove my engine again.

+1
    Metal pump makes a huge difference, mine used to bang the limiter, now it just hooks up. R&D grate as suggested increases hookup in the chop as well.

+1
    Yeah, that's what I figured it would do. Looks like I'll go with everything Jerry suggested, and convert to x steering with the speed freaks steering arm.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information