2013 FXHO problem ??? at full speed on flat water ski hooked sharp right by its self

ski is stock and has 11 hours on it prop was just replaced at 10 hour service and this was the first ride since. first noticed the speed reading was all over the place going 20 then 80, when i went full throttle felt a bit sluggish, taco was reading 7500 rpm then the ski hooked hard right, and ejected me and passenger

+1
    Why the prop need replacing at 10 hours? Look under the ski and check it out for a loose rideplate and grate.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski1200r View Post
    ski is stock and has 11 hours on it prop was just replaced at 10 hour service and this was the first ride since.

first noticed the speed reading was all over the place going 20 then 80, when i went full throttle felt a bit sluggish, tach was reading 7500 rpm then the ski hooked hard right, and ejected me and passenger
    Sounds like something was not reinstalled correctly when the impeller was replaced.

Have you inspected the jet pump and under the hull (ride plate and intake grate)?

4. +1 by:

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    If the stock speedo was reading all over the place, I would bet they left the rideplate bolts loose. Hopefully that was ALL they left loose. The intake grate being loose will make it hook like that also.

I don't know of a reason to take the rideplate or grate loose to replace a prop on a stock boat anyway.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    If the stock speedo was reading all over the place, I would bet they left the rideplate bolts loose. Hopefully that was ALL they left loose. The intake grate being loose will make it hook like that also.

I don't know of a reason to take the rideplate or grate loose to replace a prop on a stock boat anyway.

Mate I would say they left the rideplate loose. They would loosen the rideplate to get the pump out for the prop. Very dangerous I would be extremely pissed if i was you.

Thread Information