Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Spark initial service??

I recently purchased my spark, and it's now due for its first service (just over 10hrs). The dealer I bought it from recommended getting it serviced earlier than recommended and from what I read on these forums it won't hurt. My question is once the initial service is done (I have warranty work to be done so I'm stuck on this one). Is can you service it yourself without voiding your warranty? And if so does this motor differ much in steps to the 4tec? Also does any one know of anywhere I can get a copy or scans of the service pages (oil change procedure greasing of driveshaft ect) of the workshop manual, so I know how much and when for everything. I know it's a fairly new ski, but I would appreciate any help!

oh and I thought I would ask, but I thought seadoo would have installed anti rattle cones or thought of way to prevent the signature pump rattle by now, or is my pump not supposed to rattle??

Howdy mate, what part rattles on yours is it the end part on the pump sorry don't know the proper names, the part that steers it, both my skis have the rattle noise straight away it reminded me if my old 2007 rxp215, must be a seadoo thing, my dealer told me the ski didn't need service till the 50hr mark but a 10hr inspection should be done, but that seems a lot before a oil change to me, especially first oil change I too would love to know about the warranty
    If you don't mind me asking what warranty work you getting done
    Last edited by boosted925; 11-26-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added more

+1
    Spark first service is 100 hours!!! Not 10......The first service for the regular watercraft is now 50 hours and not 25!!!!!!

No dealer can cancel your warranty for not having a dealer do it. Just save your receipts to show where you bought the stuff needed to do the service. If you had a motor failure and can NOT prove any maintenance, BRP might be less helpful for warranty purposes.

+1
    The rattle in my ski isn't the nozzle it seems to be coming from the pump itself, I thought it was common on the older skis when the pump had no load on it, my old 01 rattled like buggery too, I just thought they may have installed anti rattle cones or something as standard on newer skis.. Does nothing to effect performance at all!

From memory the manual states 25hr for initial service and every 50 after that, or year which ever comes first.. Cheers for clarifying the service warranty issue, I have had cars in the past and they were real ainal about getting it done at a dealer, and being a new ski there is bound to be teething problems..

My warranty work is fairly minor, the dealership didn't put the trailer together right and on the trip home it wore two reasonably bad chunks from the rear of the hull.. They are repairing without question I just hope being this new type of hull My ski is not the "learn how to poly weld" ski!

Cheers.

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spark.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	319019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spark2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	319020  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02nelsc View Post
    ... the dealership didn't put the trailer together right and on the trip home it wore two reasonably bad chunks from the rear of the hull..

They are repairing without question I just hope being this new type of hull My ski is not the "learn how to poly weld" ski!...
    Roller bunks, correct?

Why would you think your Spark hull is not the first of this type they will be repairing?

+1
    Cheers beerdart, i have those pages from my owners manual, just got back from work and looked myself, i guess the dealer is looking for some extra coin out of me?? the pages i was looking for was more of a how to on changing the oil on the ACE, thats only if it differs from the 4tec otherwise i will just follow the how to in the 4tec section. 100hrs seems like a long time, especially if its the same for the supercharged models

The trailer i got isn't roller bunked it has the carpeted slides, the slides were installed on there sides and the metal brackets dug into the hull. I didn't notice until about the second tim on the water. The reason i just assumed that they may have not repaired these types of hull before is because i thought this ski is the first with this type? And the dealer only deals BRP.

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparkoil.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	319023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparkoil1.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	319024  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... The trailer i got isn't roller bunked it has the carpeted slides, the slides were installed on their sides and the metal brackets dug into the hull...
    What are 'carpeted slides'?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... The trailer i got isn't roller bunked it has the carpeted slides, the slides were installed on their sides and the metal brackets dug into the hull...
    What are 'carpeted slides'?
    Gives me the mental picture of a torture device built for giving some serious rugburns where the sun don't shine. lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information