Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Looking to purchase 2007 RXP - what to check

Hi,

I am looking to purchase 2007 RXP just under 40 hours.

I will test ride it, will ask for any service records, if the SC was not rebuild by professional this year will send it to Jerry to do the magic. I will also hook it to candoo to se errors ant to confirm hours. Will look at the pump with flash light front and back. I am not first time owner so I know how it should run.

Is there anything else to look at? As far as I know 2007 are with newer valves so there is nothing ti worry about them.

The price is good and the shape is mint.

Thanks

+1
    2007 came with ceramic washers in the supercharger so beware.

+1
    I know, that's why if no paperwork for full rebuild this year the SC flys to Jerry but thanks for pointing it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    I know, that's why if no paperwork for full rebuild this year the SC flys to Jerry but thanks for pointing it
    What I meant to imply was there's a chance the washers could have failed while the ski was under warranty originally and some dealers did not do the best job on cleaning out the engine/rebuilding when a supercharger failure happened. So forget about if the supercharger was rebuilt this year, but rather I would be focused on if the supercharger was rebuilt 5 years ago. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

5. +1 by:

I saw that one Stan I thought about it myself for a minute, but I prefer green...and I have an entire car to get fixed and concentrate on - starting this Fri

+1
    If the price is really cheap then there is probably a reason.

Ride it before buying it.

+1
    The price is not cheap but is good in my opinion. I will not consider it if the seller does not let me test ride it.

+1
    I looked at it today and it looks very clean. I will water test it in few days.

One thing that concerns me is that there was 12V low message on dash. I had no voltmeter at this time with me but beside the battery drained what else I should look in order to make sure it is easy fix.

I know about fuses and regulator but how likely is that the stator is shot / is it common for this year and model/

Thanks

+1
    On my new (to me) 07 RXT, if she sits for longer than like ~2weeks w/o starting, the first time I go to start it, it'll flash 12v low for about the first second of cranking/running (I guess to top off the batt), than it'll go away.

Or was it flashing while engine running continuously?

+1
    The test ride will be a good indicator of the overall condition. If it is possible find out how the hours were put on it. If it is even across the 7 years old that it is, thats like 5 hours of use each year. Or did they put on like 40 the first year and then it sat. Was it stored properly??? These machines do not like sit for a long time if not properly fogged before storage. The hours are so low though it should look like new if stored in doors. My 06 has like 115ish hours but is always stored in a garage and only ridden by the wife and I and still looks new. What is the asking price(just curious)? If you are comfortable with the price and it rides like new, like it should, then go for it. They rxp is a really fun reliable ski if it has had the proper maintenance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information