Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Tunning question??

I been thinking a lot about a bog (delay at throttle stab) that i have with my tune. I was wondering what could cause this type of problem on a tune fuel, timming or something else??? What you guys think?? I personally don't believe that is only fuel related on the tune.

+1
    I had a major bog with 1 of my 04 RXPs running a rude 1, 42s and a Rude RRFPR (turbosmart). The piece of shit regulator sold to me by a forum member (said to be a riva) did not rise. Disconnected the reference line and added 4 lbs. (back up to 58 psi-- key on) and it has ran flawlessly for the last 3 seasons. I listened to forum members on the fueling and went with the external setup-- waste of time and $$, but I did learn something...

+1
    You could test some of those theories yourself. Do you have another available ecu to test with? That would tell you right away if its the tune or something else. I have a stock ecu as backup (trying to have a safety net) and and the other ecu in my sig. Can definitely tell the difference if I run each of them back to back. Not just the rpms but the feel of the tune as a whole. Such as crispness, range of afrs and also, a very slight stumble off the stab sometimes. Drop the stock one back in...gone.

+1
    I think you have a vtech tune??? Can you load the stock tune back to your ecu just to test with and see if your bog goes away?

5. +1 by:

+1
    What's the afr's under bog? Are you stabbing it can you ease off throttle and it picks back up a little more info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I had a major bog with 1 of my 04 RXPs running a rude 1, 42s and a Rude RRFPR (turbosmart). The piece of shit regulator sold to me by a forum member (said to be a riva) did not rise. Disconnected the reference line and added 4 lbs. (back up to 58 psi-- key on) and it has ran flawlessly for the last 3 seasons. I listened to forum members on the fueling and went with the external setup-- waste of time and $$, but I did learn something...

I run static at 58lb aeromotive reg! The fuel is holding and never had a problem with this set up on 60lb injectors and a different tune!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    What's the afr's under bog? Are you stabbing it can you ease off throttle and it picks back up a little more info
    Shabber, The problem is only at hole shot!!! When I stab the throttle there is a delay for the engine to Rev up. It fills like the engine dies real quick and then comes back to life very strong!!!! If am cruising through out all the Rpms range it feels very good. Also if I'm half way throttle and I stab it won't do it!

+1
    sounds lean, whats the afr

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Shabber, The problem is only at hole shot!!! When I stab the throttle there is a delay for the engine to Rev up. It fills like the engine dies real quick and then comes back to life very strong!!!! If am cruising through out all the Rpms range it feels very good. Also if I'm half way throttle and I stab it won't do it!
    The tune goes extremely lean on application of full throttle. Been there done that.....you know what the fix is!

+1
    Simple test is to add 5 lbs. or so to the fuel pressure to see if the bog gets better or worse. With that info, you can contact your tune supplier with the info to make the appropiate corrections to your purchased map.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information