Thread: Flipped It Yet?

Flipped It Yet?

Has anybody actually rolled this beast? I'm just wondering a couple things....

How difficult was it to upright?

How long was it over?

How much water did the hull take in?

What in the world were you doing to cause this whale to flip?

I'm asking this because I have been thinking about adding a sub floor to the hull to mount some amps and a sub but don't want them to end up completely under water in the event I actually do roll her.

I'm also wondering if I could add and extra battery. How would that tax the charging system??

that might make it slower ... and what better noise than the supercharer whistling... but i cant think of how u can roll this other than all 3 people leaning the wrong way while turning while idleing

Yes,I did.It was for purpose.I catch some rocks in the middle on the river.The water was just 10``-20`` deep.I thought my motor blowed up.I can`t get my jet to loading ramp- the flow was faster than I can swim.No boats running on the river.First I was thought about-why it happens to me??????So my decision was flip it over and see what's wrong.Took off protective grating and saw some rocks stuck in .Took it off-tried to start engine- it stuck.So finally got some help from men riding down the river.It was like the God to me.Took my jet ski to home, removed all back-took off that f****** rock off and started my kawi w/no problem.When it was flipped over it got allot of water in the side.It was over for 10-15 min and it got half of water But by side it was so easy to flip it ovner and over.
    Last edited by kaliause; 05-07-2007 at 09:23 PM.

put the speakers in the mirrors and amp under the storage compartment cover. That is what i did on a yamaha. I'm working on something for the 250x.

+1

Welcome to forum! Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kaliause View Post
    Yes,I did.It was for purpose.I catch some rocks in the middle on the river.The water was just 10``-20`` deep.I thought my motor bowed up.I can`t get my jet to loading ramp- the flow was faster than I can swim.No boats running on the river.First I was thought about-why it happens to me??????So my decision was flip it over and see what's wrong.Took off protective grating and saw some rocks stuck in .Took it off-tried to start engine- it stuck.So finally got some help from men riding down the river.It was like the God to me.Took my jet ski to home, removed all back-took off that f****** rock off and started my kawi w/no problem.When it was flipped over it got allot of water in the side.It was over for 10-15 min and it got half of water But by side it was so easy to flip it ovner and over.
    I can imagine how you felt with a brand new JetSki and having that problem!
    Glad it worked out OK and the Ski is OK. Where do you live and ride?

+1
    If the water was shallow enough to suck up a rock, I'm surprised that it was deep enough to flip the ski without hitting the bars and deck on the bottom. Seems like you lucked out.

Hope your future rides are more enjoyable !

Richard

I am riding in Illinois, Joliet area. It is a wide river just 20min from my home. They have barges running on that river so I never thought they might have so shallow areas. It was shallow area just in the middle of the river. I moved jetski 10 feetís to the side and it was deeper.

Thread Information